Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tuck cutter

Knucklehead

Founding Member
For the antique tuck cutters most guys keep an eye on ebay and get a feel for what they are selling for. Save several in your wishlist so you know what they actually sell for, rather than a "sell it now" price. Some of those are too pricey and stay on sale a looong time. Once you've watched several all the way through the sale and get a feel for the condition, wear, and actual sale prices, you will recognize when to drop the hammer on a deal for a nice one at a nice price.

If you're not shooting for antique there are some alternatives.
I just saw this one on Amazon while searching for a normal cigar cutter. I had never seen one of these before so I can't say how well they work. I just thought it was cool and different.

I use one of these. My handles are plastic. This one is all stainless.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I always cut the foot (tuck) of my home-rolled cigars with something similar to this (the non-serrated edge):

If your desire is to feel like a low-wage worker in a cigar factory, you'll have to spend a lot more.

Bob

Henrybowman47

I always cut the foot (tuck) of my home-rolled cigars with something similar to this (the non-serrated edge):

If your desire is to feel like a low-wage worker in a cigar factory, you'll have to spend a lot more.

Bob
Lol funny how that works ain’t it.

Henrybowman47

For the antique tuck cutters most guys keep an eye on ebay and get a feel for what they are selling for. Save several in your wishlist so you know what they actually sell for, rather than a "sell it now" price. Some of those are too pricey and stay on sale a looong time. Once you've watched several all the way through the sale and get a feel for the condition, wear, and actual sale prices, you will recognize when to drop the hammer on a deal for a nice one at a nice price.

If you're not shooting for antique there are some alternatives.
I just saw this one on Amazon while searching for a normal cigar cutter. I had never seen one of these before so I can't say how well they work. I just thought it was cool and different.

I use one of these. My handles are plastic. This one is all stainless.

Thanks bro