Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Turkish tobacco harshness

JoeCamel

So I finally bought some turkish tobacco leaves from someone who uses it for hookah smoking.I dont know what type of turkish tobacco it is.But I got it to shred it and mix with American spirit ryo so I can get an aromatic cigarette blend.I tried a leaf on its own by smoking it with a pipe and the smoke was harsh and not burning good unless i keep lighting it up with a lighter.The leaves have a nice smelling aroma similar to a fresh pack of camels.I havent shredded the tobacco yet.So before I destroy the tobacco(which cost me 20 dollars for 30 grams) is there anything I need to do to make smokable.This type of tobacco in the middle east is usally soaked in water, made into a round tall form and then charcoal is added on top of it and smoked with a waterpipe.But since its unprocessed whole leave I am sure it can be processed into cigarette tobacco to be blended.

Attachments

• IMG20201225192003.jpg
    IMG20201225192003.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 19

plantdude

I'd agree with china about blending. You may also want to make sure it's in proper case and not to moist.

If you bought a hookah tobaco it may be like Sherazi or a similar variety. I've grown a handful of orientals and Sherazi, which is traditionally used for hookahs. Sherazi definetly has a different feel to it than other Turkish orientals. It's a thicker leaf, higher nicotine content, less aromatic and kind of a "heavy" feeling but somewhat neutral flavored smoke when burned on its own. Mine did feel a little harsher than the other turkish oriental varieties I grew but wasn't too bad for not being aged at all. I can see it being good when flavored or blended with other tobaccos, but on its own its kind of lacking in the Turkish oriental flavor department. It wouldn't be my first choice for an oriental to add to cigarettes but if just a small amount was added in it shouldn't be too bad. I could suppose you could always buy a hookah if all else fails or make it into a pipe blend.

If you can ever get your hands on some prilep, Samsun, or Basma those would probably be a better choice for the oriental component of a cigarette blend.

vanjen

I'd agree with china about blending. You may also want to make sure it's in proper case and not to moist.

If you bought a hookah tobaco it may be like Sherazi or a similar variety. I've grown a handful of orientals and Sherazi, which is traditionally used for hookahs. Sherazi definetly has a different feel to it than other Turkish orientals. It's a thicker leaf, higher nicotine content, less aromatic and kind of a "heavy" feeling but somewhat neutral flavored smoke when burned on its own. Mine did feel a little harsher than the other turkish oriental varieties I grew but wasn't too bad for not being aged at all. I can see it being good when flavored or blended with other tobaccos, but on its own its kind of lacking in the Turkish oriental flavor department. It wouldn't be my first choice for an oriental to add to cigarettes but if just a small amount was added in it shouldn't be too bad. I could suppose you could always buy a hookah if all else fails or make it into a pipe blend.

If you can ever get your hands on some prilep, Samsun, or Basma those would probably be a better choice for the oriental component of a cigarette blend.

I blend Basma with Red Virginia Flue cured leaves and I love the way it tastes!