Not so many this year.
Florida Sumatra
Havana 142
Wisconsin 901
Havana 2000
Criollo 98

edyTwUI.jpg

ciennepi

Good luck even from me. Do you use the Florida Sumatra only for the wrapper or ever inside the cigar?

Vanerpaddel

Good luck even from me. Do you use the Florida Sumatra only for the wrapper or ever inside the cigar?
Thanks, I do not know yet about the Sumatra leaf, I have sorted out all leaf in all sorts who can be used as wrappers but I have not tested the flavor at all.
Recently I rolled some cigars with only one kind of leaf just for test the flavours in each kind of tobacco but the cigars are not ready to smoke, I put them in the humidor a while.

Vanerpaddel

Lower leaf of Florida Sumatra is fairly uninteresting as a filler, but as you go up the stalk, all the way to thick, dark brown top leaf, it becomes a nice condiment for filler, or as an oscuro wrapper.

Bob

I have divided the leafs into 3 (Volado, Seco and Ligero) and there are none in the "Ligero bags" that fit as wrappers, they are too small. I hope this year will get a better summer.
So my wrappers come mostly from the middle of the stalk (Seco) and I probably going to have a lot of Volado´s left in the end. :)

Vanerpaddel

Nice !
But take care with your plastic forks ! they might make some holes in your leaves ;)

I didn`t had enought spoons.. :) It´s only the lowest leafs whos gonna be torn, but I try to place them as good as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.