Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Virgin Galactic: An insignificant step for mankind

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Like the Vomit Comet, only more expensive. NASA's Vomit Comet costs about $5000 per seat. Virgin Galactic's carnival ride costs $250,000 per seat. Is it 50 times better?

Unity22.jpg

Having watched the livestream of Branson flying in the Unity22 for over 1 hour of broadcast (about 15 minutes of actual flight video--the rest, callouts to sponsors and partners), I have the impression that it was just an amateur quality, superlative-infused infomercial, and about as unimpressive as "space" flight can get. The rollercoaster car is towed up the "mountain", then the passengers scream all the way back to the loading station.

I don't question that it is a remarkable bit of odd, though pointless, engineering. Does the world really need another theme park?

Bob

billy

reusable rocket = good rocket.

if the rich want to voluntarily fund spaceflight for an amusement ride, sounds like a fine method to me

as for the stream, it didnt say SpaceX on it so i wasnt expecting the stream to be good lol

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
personal computers were laughed at
They were being used to revolutionize laboratory data management at the bedsides in intensive care units in 1978. They were universally called microcomputers, since traditional computers filled an entire room. Writers were early adopters of microcomputers--no more white out and carbon paper.

Virgin Galactic's tourist ride doesn't even have tray tables, though I might have seen a seat-side pocket for recipes. And its launching aircraft is too large for almost every runway in the world. You won't have to worry about your neighbor getting their own "space" craft before you do.

Bob

Radagast

Someday the technology developed in that sector will find its way into everyday use, probably for something even less impressive. Consider the example of "microwaves". If it wasn't for WW2, how ever would one heat up one's Ring Ding?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Is it a good idea to do this or that?
Mankind has never asked itself the question.

If we can do it, then we do it.
And most of the time it would have been better to do nothing.
But humanity will never change.
A clear sign we need our own colony on another planet. Stop the world and let me off I’m outta here. :alien: