Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Sid.Stavros

Gout De Murtille Doux.

There is that clever, pocket pipe rest again. Is it made with stitching, rivets or glue?

Bob
Thank you Bob. i use Stiches in purpose with an inclination, it's not vertical I but like this / so the pipe goes few mm ''down'' and nests better on it. I have measure it so it can accept all of my briar-pear and meer pipes but it's not enough for my gourd calabash [which after all are difficult to carry in the Cafe].

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
This evening, I unearthed a bag of about 2 ounces of shredded tobacco. The label says, "Harrow Velvet 2012 mid Cavendish". The pouch aroma is a soft "tobacco" smell, with no identifying character. It lights and burns beautifully. There is no bite. Smoke aroma is a faint, vague "burley", but enjoyable all on its own. Nicotine strength is medium.

If I recall correctly, this crop of Harrow Velvet recovered from several days of flooding, and never reached typical plant or leaf size. It fully yellowed in the field, then it was all air-cured. I assume it was made into Cavendish by steaming leaf in a colander nestled above a pot of boiling water. (But it might have been an unstemmed, tied hand stuffed in its entirety into a jar. I know I did that once.) A curious aspect of the Cavendish is that it has a supple texture, like an old, worn blanket.

Bob