Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid.Stavros

The Greek sophist Artemidoros Knidios, who had been dealing with people in Brutus's environment and had learned about the conspiracy, came very close and gave him a note saying, "Read this, Caesar, himself and quickly. It says great things that interest you." Caesar tried to read it but the crowds were so unstoppable, he entered the hall holding the note.
J.Caesar's last words were the Greek phrase "και συ τεκνον;" (transliterated as "Kai su, teknon?") which means "You too, child?" in english and sometimes we still use it here in Greece when a close friend of us shows cruelty and betray us.

The Ides Of March - Iron Maiden

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D33DxLn4XII

I am smoking Paladin Black Cherry in a Brebbia, a glass of Drambuie beside me.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
So far as I am aware, there exists no contemporaneous record of Julius Caesar having spoken any words at all, after he was stabbed simultaneously by multiple assassins. Not very dramatic.

Bob

Sid.Stavros

27983166e29d9e85a98ce805a12aa5d1df58269b.jpg

Skandinavik Vanilla.

Sid.Stavros

So far as I am aware, there exists no contemporaneous record of Julius Caesar having spoken any words at all, after he was stabbed simultaneously by multiple assassins. Not very dramatic.

The first strike was from behind and that was the signal, when Brutus was ready to strike the Caesar raise his hands and covered his face with his mantle. He took 23 stabs and i think it's impossible for 23 persons to gather around a man and strike simultaneously because they couldn't reach him.

1) Vice-Admiral H.Nelson's final words (as related by all three written accounts) were "Thank God I have done my duty."
2) Some said that were "Kiss me Hardy" to tha man which was hold him i his arms ,many in the Victorian era believed "Kiss me Hardy" had been misheard. They suggested instead that Nelson had been speaking turkish language, declaring "Kismet Hardy" because 'Kismet' means fate or destiny. However, contemporary historians argue that this explanation is a Victorian invention, since the earliest recorded use of the term 'Kismet' in the English language does not appear until after 1805.
3) Others also claimed that Nelson had said "Kiss Emma, Hardy", referring to his mistress and lover Lady Emma Hamilton.
So finally which were his final words? ;)

Sid.Stavros

Proryv (2006) movie, Height 776 in Chechnya-Airborne 6th Company’s last stand.
90 men against hundreds of enemies and when ammo are out nothing left than bayonets-knives-shovels to fight against them. With no reinforcements coming when the terrorists launch their final attack the remaining paratroopers light a candle and charge.

27984138367c1a9ee0a1111fe00baf88ef579d85.jpg

I am smoking Savinelli Armonia in a Stanwell, Greek Liqueur Eoliki beside me.

PressuredLeaf

Today I took a 60g puck of tobacco out of the press, and trimmed it up for a second pressing. I smoked the trimmings and it was great!

Recipe:
85% WLT double bright
10% Perique
5% VA Cav

Fermented for a week with Oude Geuze dregs.

I think I only got the bright VA in the trimmings, but boy that is one of the best VA tobaccos I have had! A little bite if smoked too quickly, but very smooth. This is my first experience with the double bright, but I can say I am very impressed by the quality.IMG_3331.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.