Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Sid.Stavros

1917 (2019 film)
April 6th 1917. As a regiment assembles to wage war deep in enemy territory, two soldiers are assigned to race against time and deliver a message, that will stop 1,600 men, from walking straight into a deadly trap.

Gawith Hoggarth American Black & Brown.

LivinInPiperHell

A Southerly change that brought storms early evening yesterday has cooled things down after a few brutal days of heat in the 40*C's, peaking at 46*C/115*F.
This morning at 7am is a pleasant 23*C/73*F, heading for a humid 36*C/97*F. [Rain is on it's way so the rest of the week should be cooler]

Due to the heat I've only had a few bowls.

Enjoying some RLP-6 in a blasted 1930-40s Dobellman Lincoln 25 Bulldog.

a1aha.jpg

LivinInPiperHell

I am watching the Bitter Harvest (2017) movie ,is referring to Holodomor aka ''Death by Starvation'' millions of Ukrainian people under the dictatory of bolsheviks.

while smoking Cornell and Diehl Blockade Runner in a Corn Cob.
That Stalin was an evil bastard. Makes me wonder if he was mentally ill or possessed by a demon [I'm not kidding either. I've seen things. The religious call me Exorcist]

Let's hope that there is a special Hell for people like him ......... sadly he would have plenty of company.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm smoking a bowl of my latest batch (#4) of Ptarmigan Hiding. It's the nicest one so far. While the "Oriental", "Flue-cured", "Perique" and "Cavendish" remain in the same proportions for all of my Ptarmigan Hiding batches, the specific varieties and leaf used to fill those place-holders changes.

Ptarmigan Hiding
  • WLT Stacked Basma 25.00%
  • WLT Virginia Bright 31.25%
  • WLT Perique 18.75%
  • Lemon Virginia Cavendish 25.00%
Bob

ChinaVoodoo

A Southerly change that brought storms early evening yesterday has cooled things down after a few brutal days of heat in the 40*C's, peaking at 46*C/115*F.
This morning at 7am is a pleasant 23*C/73*F, heading for a humid 36*C/97*F. [Rain is on it's
Holy crap man. I'd rather have 46°F. That's for sure.

@Sid.Stavros , as a half Ukrainian Canadian, I recognize the Holodomor memorial which you shared. Its sad that there is currently a denier of said event with tenure at my local university. Thank you for sharing.

LivinInPiperHell

Holy crap man. I'd rather have 46°F. That's for sure.

@Sid.Stavros , as a half Ukrainian Canadian, I recognize the Holodomor memorial which you shared. Its sad that there is currently a denier of said event with tenure at my local university. Thank you for sharing.
Another cool change has brought us a much more comfortable 25*C/77*F today.

Winters here are so mild that most Aussies don't know what real cold is.
Over the years I've heard it said many times that if there is a Hell, it aint hot but rather, colder than ice.

Extreme temps really knock me around since I contracted a 'terminal' vascular disease [Doctors and their text books told me 20 years ago that I'd be dead within 3 years but what do they know? lol]
Cold is the worst. If I lived in a cold climate the doctors would've been proved correct. Anything below 12*C/53*F messes with me pretty bad.

On a brighter note; smoking a bowl of 70% PS Luxury Navy Flake mixed with 30% Sutliff 302 English in an MM Country Gentleman cob.
Very tasty.

Sid.Stavros

The Exception (2017) ,a War-drama although it had so many mistakes. Many times the guys which write the scenarios and the directors have a huge fantasy. Christopher Plummer is playing the German Emperor (Kaiser) and i wish that could have give him a Calabash pipe so that film would had at least one interesting thing.

I am smoking Pipe Shop.net Premium mixture Aromatic No. 1 in a Savinelli, cool water beside me.

Radagast

20200212_153654.jpg
A Savinelli bent Dublin. This mixture is delicious, the tobacconist calls it Brigham 965. I suppose it's an approximation of Dunhill's 'my mixture 965' which I've never had. By all accounts of it I've found, this would probably be a welcome substitute. I'm really enjoying it.