Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you play it in a Cafe it's a little bit ''show-off" job
I find it fascinating that kompoloi and tobacco pipes share a number of attributes. Certain pipes are regarded as suitable for smoking in public, while others are regarded as too showy or too ugly, even though they smoke. I suppose we use similar rules for clothing.

The temperature dropped to 50°F late yesterday evening, so I found myself sequestered in my study as I worked, smoking a pipe again for the first time in a week or more. Since my pipe "rotation" was no longer applicable, I selected my most comfortable briar pipe, a Stanwell Lovat, and my strongest cigar antidote--Angry Alligator (43.5% Latakia). When in my 20s, I would have been mortified to be seen with such a stodgy pipe as a straight-shanked, unsculpted bowl Lovat. That time period was the height of the craziest "freehand" pipes, and when 3/4-bent and full-bent pipes were also "acceptable." Now, I prefer the easiest to hold, easiest smoking, easiest cleaning briars--and they mostly are shaped like corncobs!

Bob

Sid.Stavros

I would like to introduce you the ''Bella'', it is a half breed dog of my wife's brother-in-law. When was a puppy was abused by the previous owner and one day he got sick by Kalazar virus. She manage to recover in the hands of the new owner but as result of the previous life is not serving as a guard dog but as a companion. She don't like noises as fire shots-shouting-strong horn etc and the only thing that she asks is caress, hugs, playing with her ball etc. In case that there were visitors in the house she is friendly with everyone and approaches all of them one by one asking for attention and if not gets then she's whimpering and barking as a complain.
She never had any problem with my vanilla tobacco smell, no matter if i smoke a pipe or not she comes and with her snout touches my thigh asking to touch her forehead.

272981456907dfa039a2e15fdb6684ead8763a79.jpg

I am smoking Pipeshop.net Premium Mixture No 1.

CobGuy

I've been smoking a lot of Daughter and Ryan's Two Timer Burley blend and highly recommend it to any Burley-o-phile.

CobGuy

How would you assess their humectant load?

Bob

Very little ... almost non-existent. It's one of the things I like about them even though others complain it ships "dry".
I prefer to not pay for the extra water and spend my time drying it out to boot! :)

~Darin

PS ... if you'd like to try it I'd be more than happy to send some as I just jarred up another pound of it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I consider a complaint of "ships too dry" as a badge of honor. C&D gets the same complaints. Most consumers want their pipe tobacco to be eternally squishy.

I'm not as concerned about the thumb on the scale, from adding humectant, as the unpleasant taste that it adds to the blend. I have laboriously baked PPG out of commercial, unflavored black Cavendish, to the point where it lightened to a medium brown. It's much, much better than its taste as shipped, but I can still taste the PPG with the first puff of any blend that contains it. Humectants and anti-fungals are adulterants.

I'll hardly touch a pipe for the next six months. It's pretty much a winter activity for me, when I'm sent by the weather to detention in my personal study hall. But thanks.

Bob

CobGuy

I've been afraid to try it; I'm worried I'll get attached and then it will run off on me.
Isn't that sadly true these days? At the price point for the 1 pound bags, though, you could be certain to prevent that. :)
I'll make you the same offer ... happy to send a sample to see if you like it!
It's just slightly lower in my personal rating as Uhle's Blend 00 if you've had that one.

~Darin

Status
Not open for further replies.