Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid.Stavros

I am smoking Poul Winslow No.1 while making the final preparations for my vacations, i am leaving today and with the grace of God i will return after 18 days.

28505155f9892d15883a5a99d165f3e706120da4.jpg

When i return i will post some photos from the Cafe of each place i have visited, have a good time all of you!
d020.gif

I mixed up something called "Air Cured Costello Negro 2016 / Unknown Delhi?" (emphasis on the question mark),

I grew-up with these Americans:

and now take a look the Greek (!) Zeus, Achilles, Artemis, Patroclus, Nestor and Aeneas in BBC's "Troy"

Is it ''politically uncorrect'' that i want to stick to my childhood era and not in the modern garbage? [ChinaVoodoo it's not a personal question]

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
We establish what is "normal" during childhood, or during our initial experiences. Only in recent years have scholars acknowledged that the Sphinx, in Egypt, was not a "white" guy. Myth embodies then-current social expectations.

My earliest experiences with cigars was with excellent Honduran tobaccos. That is a "normal" cigar to me. My earliest experiences with pipe tobaccos are with English style Latakia blends. That is my "normal" pipe tobacco. One's earliest "era" reflects one's implicit biases. Only by exploration and openness to difference can we expand our horizon of reality.

Bob

stdly

Smoked some of my CanEnglish second mix, turned out pretty good for a second mix ever. Needs some aging.
70% Latakia
10% Cad VA
11% Red VA
4.5% Dark AC
4.5% Basma
5.5 Oz's Total

My wife asked what I was smoking because she liked the aroma.
I have always said I don't like the VA's that much but I like the red VA a lot.
Goes great with a Brandy.

That is one of my homemade pipes.

Steve
IMG_20200625_192353 Resize.jpg

stdly

The blend looks lovely, and the recipe has just enough Dark Air-Cured to balance the pH from the other non-Latakia ingredients. Bravo!

Bob
Thanks I like the dark air a lot as well, this blend is pretty mild and I might put a bit more in next time.
I just received some MD 609 and Perique, so strength shouldn't be a problem on my next blend.
One of my images is gone so I attached it here

Steve
My CanEnglish Blend 2 Resize.jpg

tullius

Photogenic blend and pipe. Whole lotta lat! Now I've got the led zep song in my head.

If you reverse the latakia and VA proportions, your blend becomes a pretty nice morning mixture/1st pipe of the day blend, if you're looking for that.

The red really is a great one. Put together a red/perique or red/oriental based blend when you get a chance, bet you'll like it.

stdly

Photogenic blend and pipe. Whole lotta lat! Now I've got the led zep song in my head.

If you reverse the latakia and VA proportions, your blend becomes a pretty nice morning mixture/1st pipe of the day blend, if you're looking for that.

The red really is a great one. Put together a red/perique or red/oriental based blend when you get a chance, bet you'll like it.
Thanks for the suggestions, my first blend was 55% latakia so far I like it better at 70%, but I will be trying all kinds of blends now I have everything I need.
I will be singing that song in my head all day now!

Steve

GreenDragon

I love the evolution of languages and words.

Vapers:
Pre 1900: Mysterious gasses that cause illness or hysteria
1900: (because Science!) Gas (general) or a heated liquid's gaseous state
~1950's - 2010: Tobacco blend of Virginia and Perique
2010+: Someone who "Vapes" (eCigarettes)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't recall the term, "VaPer" being used at all during the 1970s, 1980s, and most of the 1990s. With the advent of the Internet, and thumb typing, novel abbreviations have exploded.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.