Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

whats the lowest temperature a tobacco plant will survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

koceff

@plantdude Yes, Prilep was developed here and is the most common. It costs about 4$ pound. I have some and it is nice but I can't really make cigars with it having tiny leaves. The problem is there is 0 places I can get some large leaf, cigar tobacco here so I have to plant some myself. Not quite legal but it's not illegal :) .
So the temperature question is clear now, but what about grow lights, are they a must?

plantdude

@plantdude Yes, Prilep was developed here and is the most common. It costs about 4$ pound. I have some and it is nice but I can't really make cigars with it having tiny leaves. The problem is there is 0 places I can get some large leaf, cigar tobacco here so I have to plant some myself. Not quite legal but it's not illegal :) .
So the temperature question is clear now, but what about grow lights, are they a must?
The more light you have the better your plants will be. Light and atmospheric carbon dioxide are their primary food source. Most indoor conditions have a lot less light than our eye perceives. The plant grow LEDs provide a lot more light in the usable spectrum (red and blue wavelengths) that the plants actually use for photosynthesis. I've grown plants in pretty dark conditions but they tend to be spindly whimy plants. Give them a nice bright window with some supplemental lighting and they are a lot happier. The attached pics are a few small plants I grew totally indoors last winter with a dim west facing window and some small supplemental grow lights. They can grow but they are a whole lot smaller than what can be grown out doors or with a decent grow light setup. You might be able to get some thin leaf from them but the flavor and nicotine content is going to be lacking. They are fun to grow to help break up the boredom of winter - "fun" not product being the main emphasis though.

For decent cigar quality leaf you are going to want pretty much full sun grown plants and it's going to take a year or more of aging the leaf after you harvest it.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.