Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Which product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Mo Fo

Afternoon people. Am new to this looking at bringing in some whole leaf.. I currently smoke port royals.. park drive.. dont know weather to go a for the sample pack of different leaf.. or 1 in specific.. could any 1 tell me what the process is once you get the leaf.. what needs to be done to it before shredding..what flavors are close to port royal..etc.. would very much appreciate some input...cheers

ChinaVoodoo

Hi, sorry for the lack of response. I figured someone from New Zealand might advise you on matching flavour. You'll want some of the Virginia bright leaf, an injector, some tubes, and a shredder.

Remove the stems from the leaf, shred, and make cigarettes. Smoke away.

There are upgrades, sturdier shredders, and injectors, if you really want, but those I linked are the bare minimum unless you want to roll by hand with no filter. There are also different cigarette tobaccos you can try.

MarcL

This thread did seem to get overlooked. .. maybe because of the sub-forum? It could get moved.

That is solid advice from ChinaVoodoo.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Yep, I missed it too. I've never heard of any of the brands you listed, so I 'm no help there, but in general, you're not going to find a blend of tobaccos that will create an identical replacement for anything.

In my opinion, the best tobacco we currently stock is the Hand Tied Lemon. It's very easy to process with no additional effort other than to follow ChinaVoodoo's directions.
From there, you can experiment with blends and casings. If you buy anything from Whole Leaf Tobacco, be sure to include your forum name in the special instructions located on the bottom of the check out page and I'll be sure to send samples and other goodies.

myboysarge

The sampler pack might suit you. I would recommend getting a mix of say a lb of red leaf and a couple lb's of yellow. The guys are right, you'll never find an exact match for commercial blends but you can definitely find a blend you like.
Your 'recipe' you like could be totally different from any of us depending on -
*which leaf you mix,
*how much of each leaf you mix,
*Casings you use,
*even the shredder you use will make a difference as some leaf is thicker than others.
But before any of that, because we live in NZ, you get to go through the whole adventure of waiting for your order to arrive and the condition your leaf will arrive in :)

stic

Park drive has a distinct lemon like flavour if memory serves, Port Royal, as the name suggests, is flavored with Rum and Wine..

Check out LOGNZ on trademe for 'Magic Aroma' flavouring, I have some CML (almost like Camel)...

Lucky Strike and Camel were my brands of choice, before it got to the point where you needed to sell a kidney to fund tailor mades...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.