Whole Leaf Tobacco

Why is my tobacco hanging like this?

Methanol007

My plants all have very small and few leaves and very long thin stems. 2 of them already fell to the side and one doesn’t get up anymore and im really getting frustrated. I know that these are very small pots but i don’t have a lot of room on my balcony so im kinda forced to use rather small ones. So what should i do to get this one plant straight again? Should i use a fan?

Attachments

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
  1. add more dirt to the pot (all the way to the brim), and remove the two bottom leaves.
  2. water only when the soil seems to become dry
  3. slowly introduce them to direct sunlight, over a period of a week
  4. if the balcony is windy, then add a single, thin, wooden support (like bamboo) and gently tie the plant stalk to it in one place.
Bob

Methanol007

1. add more dirt to the pot (all the way to the brim), and remove the two bottom leaves.
  2. water only when the soil seems to become dry
  3. slowly introduce them to direct sunlight, over a period of a week
  4. if the balcony is windy, then add a single, thin, wooden support (like bamboo) and gently tie the plant stalk to it in one place.
Bob

Good news i asked a friend of mine he said i can put the plants on his roof. I‘ll follow your steps but i still have a question. After i transplanted the plant will I still yield a decent amount? And second the plants stalk are pretty crooked at the moment should i try to straighten the or let them just grow If yes how can i straighten them just burry them deeper?

Anyway thanks for guide above.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to transplant with the roots going directly downward. Don't worry about the curve of the stalk. It will grow upward. Buried stalk puts out roots.

Bob