Piloto Cubano Ligero

PilotoLigeroWM.jpg

Corojo Ligero
COROJO LIGERO.jpg

San Vincente Ligero
SanVincenteLigeroWM.jpg
San Vincente Seco
SanVincenteSecoWM.jpg
The Piloto Cubano Seco is a very thin leaf. It's thinner than the most delicate wrapper. It's as thin or thinner than tissue paper. It's so thin, I thought it was Sumatra Binder...this is some thin leaf. If it was any thinner, it would not support it's own weight and simply fall apart. This is a Seco leaf, but if you're of the mind-set that all cigars must have Volado in their construction, you can easily convince yourself that this leaf is Volado.

The Maduro wrapper is the nicest I've ever seen. The Habano 2000 is a small leave, but has great color. The CT Shade is American grown Premium grade about 20" long.

MarcL

Very nice! these look great. Wow the site looks good! Can hardly wait to work this new stock. Thank you all!!

LewZephyr

Thanks for keeping us updated on the new shipment.

Haven't seen the San Vincente before. Any particular details on it.
Anyone used it before?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the only info I have on San Vicente (from my 2012 grow log):

deluxestogie said:
...video of the D'Angelo Plantation (Dominican Republic) that shows 4 Dominican varieties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UFpqMPw9JQ&feature=relmfu

Although the narration is in Spanish, and a 5 year old nephew is prattling in the background, I can clearly understand the varieties that are identified. I obtained the photos below by pausing the grainy video and capturing a .jpg image using SnagIt. They're blurry. I've cleaned them up as much as I can.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/481-deluxestogie-Grow-Log-2012/page22#213
Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I've seen it spelled both ways "San Vicente" and "San Vincente". My invoice from the DR spells it the latter. It's supposed to be a neutral flavored tobacco (very mild) that is used to allow other tobaccos to be highlighted in the blend. Basically, it's a filler filer. The Ligero is used to boost strength without affecting the flavor of the blend.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Since "San Vicente" means "Saint Vincent," I would guess that the invoice is misspelled.

Cigar Advisor said:
San Vicente is a hybrid of Piloto Cubano and was originally developed on the San Vicente farm in Cuba’s Vuelta Abajo. It’s less potent than Piloto Cubano and a little more acidic on the palate.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/dominican-cigars
Bob

charlie G.

My hats off to Don and WLT. I turned in an order for a few pounds of the newly listed tobaccos. I ordered them and in 3 days they were at my door. It is truly hard to find a company
these days that has such great service. And also such good quality tobacco products. Thank you Don for being there for us.
I'll be curious to see how this batch of Piloto Seco tobacco matches up to last years. I know as said the leaves are a thinner thickness. And excited to try the Piloto Ligero.

ArizonaDave

My hats off to Don and WLT. I turned in an order for a few pounds of the newly listed tobaccos. I ordered them and in 3 days they were at my door. It is truly hard to find a company
these days that has such great service. And also such good quality tobacco products. Thank you Don for being there for us.
I'll be curious to see how this batch of Piloto Seco tobacco matches up to last years. I know as said the leaves are a thinner thickness. And excited to try the Piloto Ligero.
Awesome WLT Tobaccos, I definitely agree with your statement. SmokinHarley and I split an order, can't wait to smoke it!

MarcL

These are very nice! San Vincente burns well and is going to make great cigars! the piloto cubano may be even better this time. WOW

ArizonaDave

These are very nice! San Vincente burns well and is going to make great cigars! the piloto cubano may be even better this time. WOW
Does it have a little bit of golden color like the original batch last spring? (Piloto Cubano) Great to hear! Looking forward to getting some soon!

MarcL

Does it have a little bit of golden color like the original batch last spring? (Piloto Cubano) Great to hear! Looking forward to getting some soon!
yes.. all y'all should try to get some of this if you can. really very nice looking.