Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Would this be a good way to store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewithkindness

I have a walk in refrigerator in my basement came with the house the fans work but the compresser need work . It stays between 65 and 75 in my basement I was wondering after drying all my leaves would putting them in open nets horse hay nets and hanging from the ceiling with a rh at 70 and a temp between 65 and 75 be a good way to store leaves will that allow them to age good . Will this be a very good way to age them or would doing something else be better . Thank you so much John

Livewithkindness

Another thing if I bailed the tobacco before putting them in the hay nets and what about maybe wrapping the bales in cheese cloth that way it would still breath would that still be ok ? Thank you again

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Basically, you have a walk in humidor. The only thing I'd be concerned with is the temperature and humidity going above 70. Since you're just about there now (70/70) it probably wouldn't take too much effort to keep it there.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
sounds like a good place to store it,,,

i'd leave the door open so fresh air can get in there,

Livewithkindness

Those are great ideas I didn't think about . Because the vaporizer I'm hopeing to get has a buildt in digital Gage to keep it constant I'm thinking about running a dryer bent hose from my heater/ air- conditioner to the room so I could heat it in the winter and cool it in the summer and run a temp Gage to my bedroom so I can keep an eye on it . My bedroom sits right on top of that room and I have to go outside to get in my basement . Leaving the door opened kind of bothers me because of mold when it rains really hard I have one area that gets wet it is not a finished basement concrete floor and cinder block walls . I haven't noticed any mold anywhere and it never gets the floor wet just that one place the wall gets wet what's really surprising is the part that gets wet is on the side that's under the house part not the part that's on the ground sides . That's for all that great info I sure I'll have about a thousand more questions before I even get a seed planted John

Status
Not open for further replies.