Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wrapper edge not laying flat

Ginsinjones

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the trailing edge of my wrapper isn't laying flat on most of my rolls.
I'm trimming the edge, wrapper is in high case, im stretching the leaf in 3 directions.
Just can't figure what I'm doing wrong.
I know the second picture I cut the wrapper too narrow and had to go around the cigar a bunch of times haha
I'm a newbie

Attachments

• 20210430_132945.jpg
    20210430_132945.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210430_132911.jpg
    20210430_132911.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 21

DePasta

Early on when I found that occurring it had to do with the bunch position on the leaf that was creating uneven tension. It should be very close to parallel to the veins. If the bunch shape is slightly uneven foot to head, just adjust tension by changing the angle. This takes practice because too much tears the wrapper, too little ends up with what you have.

Ginsinjones

Ok
I am trying to keep my bunch lined up with the veins.
I guess, it's just going to take a ton of practice. I'm concentrating very hard on when I draw back and roll forward in the segments between veins to keep even back tension.
The pros make it look so easy haha

Ginsinjones

Maybe I should try something like that. I wonder if smooth tile would work.
I had a nice rolling tray with an aluminum center, I gave it away when I quit cigarettes.
Should have kept it around I guess haha

MarcL

There will be a limited stretch memory to some leaf. meaning, once stretched to the max, it will not spring back. this can happen when wetting and drying over and over. save the final stretch for application. where leaf has no stretch, it will need to be laid flat and applied directly. sticking to a board or gluing the leading edge will do it.
when applying the stretch wrapper, favor the leading edge in tautness. don't let your environment dry out.