Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Year of the Ox: Invent the Pipe Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
YearOfTheOx_blendLabelBLANK_3_5in_300dpi.jpg

Technically, it's now the year of the iron ox. Notice the blacksmith through the doorway. This particular ox is in the process of being shod. (Yes. That's a thing. There is also a boy pumping the forge bellows.)

Your pipe blend should be composed of tobacco currently available from WLT. Anything goes. Casing, top dressing, ice cream coating--whatever strikes your ox heart. Post your blend, along with any specific instructions, in this thread. Take your time. A photo of the completed blend would also be nice.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Each member who submits a blend that also includes a photo of the completed blend will receive an 8½"x11" pdf certificate similar to this. The label on the certificate will be a hi-res 3½" rendition that includes the submitted blend. Print two. Frame one; cut one out for your tobacco tin.

PipeBlend_YearOfTheOx_Challenge2021_DUMMY_Certificate_Goff01.JPG

Everybody will be a winner.

Bob

Radagast

There's nothing more humble than an ox.
My simple offering is 3:1 dark air cavendish to Latakia.
20210222_144534.jpg20210222_144616_HDR.jpg
I've been playing with this for weeks now. It started as shredded straight dark air cavendish, which I love as just a sultry rich tobacco that reminds me of the flavour of Redman chew.
I then tried every which way of adding cigar binder cavendish, flue cured and oriental and ended up hating it. It even made me queasy at one point during testing.. (By the way, it does pack quite a nicotine punch, so if you try it, smoke it slowly and let it rest from time to time). So pretty basic here, in fact, the addition of latakia really just sort of encourages me to slow down with it, maybe a bit like reigning in a plowing animal, and of course adds that delicious smokey tang.
There's lots of room for improvement and personalization here, so have at 'er. This is really all about a nice cavendish, which could probably be any that you happen to like. After all, isn't an ox pretty much a 'cavendished' bull?
View attachment 35346

Attachments

• 20210222_151636.jpg
    20210222_151636.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 16

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Still no rush here. Post your blend when you are satisfied with it. Year of the Ox (with brand new shoes!) is a welcome change after a year in the forge.

Bob

Ginsinjones

I'll throw my blend in the ring here.
This is a slight variation of something I have been smoking for the past few weeks and enjoying quite a bit. Though this blend may not be for everyone
Dark tips from maryland 609- 30%
Dark air 5%
Kentucky fire cured 10%
Bright leaf virginia 40%
Red leaf virginia 15%
The maryland and Dark air are strong like an oxen
The Bright leaf is Bright to symbolize the intelligence of an ox ( oxen are very intelligent animals some say at least as smart as dogs)
The fire cure is there to symbolize the forge as well reminds me of barbecue ( oxen are after all just trained cattle)
That's all I got
Like I said it may not be for everyone but it sure tastes great to me
20210424_145949.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.