Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

#(hash) tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Hash tags (no not Mary Jane) are used in places like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube etc, when someone posts for example "I saw #michibacy today, we smoked some tobacco", it sends the person you mentioned a notice that they were mentioned, and a link to where they can locate it.

Not sure if Vbulliten has a way of doing this but I think it'd be nice for notifying when someone comments about you etc without requiring you to look through every thread

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
If ya got an issue with me bring it up front, real quick like so we ain't gotta talk behind people's backs. Makes life a more simple ;)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I've never seen that capability in a vBulletin board before but who knows, might be a mod for it

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That would be a nice feature. If you put your name in the search box it only pulls up threads your subscribed to but not the one's you're mentioned in.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Go to:
  • More | Advanced Search | Search Single Content Type
  • Under Search for Posts, enter search term in Keyword(s)
  • Select Search Entire Posts
  • Click Search Now

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That works. Nobody mentions me except in Introduce Yourself. I don't know if that's good or bad. :confused:
Bob you're a freaking genius. Now tell me how to figure out women.

leverhead

Nobody mentions me except in Introduce Yourself. I don't know if that's good or bad. :confused:

It's not a bad thing! You're fitting in well. When you least expect it, you'll post something that will cause a flurry, then it'll go away. I, for one, am getting to be a moody old fart. Sometimes I like to get involved, sometimes I don't.

Steve

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In the Advanced Search, you can also try wildcards, though they don't work particularly well on vBulletin. For example, search for *knuc*. Ideally, that would find--and highlight on the found threads--[anything]knuc[anything]. It sort of works.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.