Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Newbee from West MI! Hi folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardW

I started growing a few years back and decided now that I am retired I can spend more time at it. I tried seeds first but did not have much luck there probably because I was still gainfully employed and did not have the time so I switched to plants which work well for me. I am up to 18 plants which I grow in 5 gallon buckets. I live in a residential area and do not want to incur the ire of the neighbors and my wife! My main problem is the curing and processing which I just do not have down quite yet. I made myself a kiln and after some trial and error, I have heat control solved but humidity is still a problem. Since my main focus is cigaarette tobacco the curing and fermenting is a work in process, I hope to pick up some great ideas here.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
What do you mean ire, you should have the ire if they are against your constitutional rights....grow on hw.... p.s. that does'nt count your wife.

Last edited:

HowardW

Reply to BarG

"What do you mean ire, you should have the ire if they are against your constitutional rights....grow on hw.... p.s. that does'nt count your wife. "

Hi, Yes my Ire is indeed up but I dont want the neighbors with kids getting annoyed about tobacco growing in thier backyard so to speak! ;)

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I hear ya about the kids/tobacco thing, but I always take the opportunity to explain to people that smoking in moderate amounts is healthy. It reduces Alzheimer's disease by almost 50%, reduces Parkinson's and 1 to 2 cigars a day reduces the risk of heart disease. Of course, this info usually falls on deaf ears! It's excess smoking that is bad for you, just like excess alcohol consumption.

Randy B

BarG

Founding Member
I understand HW, I,m out in the boonies you might say, every body does what they want with their own property, no restrictions whatsoever as long as its legal or you don't get caught, ha ha. You could always build a fence like for around a pool but that would realy increase your overhead for a few tobacco plants.I went to 400 plants this year so I would have enough to last all year with plenty left over to let age, as i plan on growing same amount or more for several years. I hear it gets alot better with age. Plus I want several different varietys to experiment with, good luck with this years crop. BarG

Status
Not open for further replies.