Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Winter Plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetan57@

I live in an area that rarely sees frost. Was wondering what the result would be to leave some plants in the ground over the Winter time. Anyone tried this please?

istanbulin

Founding Member
I didn't expect to see them alive but I leaved all of my plants in the ground this winter. But in the first snow they all died in a temp. of app. -1 or -2 C. There's still a heavy snowfall here (schools shut) and tobacco stalks are looking like ice swords :)

Markw

Hi Aetan
I left a few in this year to see what would happen. We have had a couple of light frosts. But now they are on the compost heap looking very sorry for them self s .

Markw

aetan57@

Hi Aetan
I left a few in this year to see what would happen. We have had a couple of light frosts. But now they are on the compost heap looking very sorry for them self s .

Markw

Thanks guys, we have had only one light frost here this Winter so far but now we are into January, it looks like the weather is getting colder and we will get some hard frosts before long. Outside temp. today is 10c. Just thought I would ask, as I am a lazy so and so and dont like going out in the garden at this time of the year, pulling all the plants out and digging the garden over. I ought to turn the ground over anyway.

Only another few weeks and I can start planting the seeds indoors for this years crop.

istanbulin

Founding Member
...Outside temp. today is 10c...

Man, all Europe is having heavy snowfall and ice cold weather. There's more than 40 cm snow here and it's -5 C. If it's 10 C there, you're lucky. :D

My friend lost his car in Düzce under the snow, he sent me this photo this afternoon. :D

dd.jpg

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Man, all Europe is having heavy snowfall and ice cold weather. There's more than 40 cm snow here and it's -5 C. If it's 10 C there, you're lucky. :D

My friend lost his car in Düzce under the snow, he sent me this photo this afternoon. :D
]
Yep, Looks like winter in New England -- J

Boboro

We dont need to OD on the white powder. 2" AND NUTTIN shoud move. It does with desaruss out come.

Status
Not open for further replies.