Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Kiln Build Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

A freaking Carb! I have been kicking a float and pump around for a while but done nothing.. You guys need to post a sketch of sorts I am completely lost with this...

I posted a foto on page 7 for you mate. Am finding that it sticks a bit but have yet to add a filter. The faucet is attached to a 5 gallon tank which then runs down into the carb but it should work conected to a low pressure house hold supply.

Webby - How did your cure go? Did you get it sorted, mate?

Just got the main crop into the kiln on monday and since sealing and addin the carb it does not want to play my game any more, was up till 1am last night tryin to find the sweet spot again. I am gettin to much humidity and am gettin a bit of snow white mold but today is another day.
The color cure went amazeballs and there is another 4-5kg of primed sucker that we primed in the snow the other dayto be strung up today. The sucker that is left is still happy after bein snowed on and 2 below freezin nights. What ever this srain is its hardy.
Back to debuggin the beast, watchin your guys babies growin keeps the inspiration levels up though. :cool:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you gotta get that humidity under control/// or your whole crop will be ruined by that mold,,,

'' MORE HEAT will eliminate the humidity issue,

Webby

you gotta get that humidity under control/// or your whole crop will be ruined by that mold,,,

'' MORE HEAT will eliminate the humidity issue,

Tell me about it mate, turned the whole shebang off at 1 30am, just went an had a squizz and all is good only a few spots of mold. Have decided to remove the seals on the door and run it as it was before. Venting from the roof/ceiling removes to much heat.
Got a random question for ya Chicken, those peanuts the other day, what type were they do you know?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Tell me about it mate, turned the whole shebang off at 1 30am, just went an had a squizz and all is good only a few spots of mold. Have decided to remove the seals on the door and run it as it was before. Venting from the roof/ceiling removes to much heat.
Got a random question for ya Chicken, those peanuts the other day, what type were they do you know?

they are VALENCIA a commercial p-nut,,,,

too small for boiling, it will just make you mad, if you boil them, theres nothing there,

if im boiling i like the jumbo p-nut's.

Webby

they are VALENCIA a commercial p-nut,,,,

too small for boiling, it will just make you mad, if you boil them, theres nothing there,

if im boiling i like the jumbo p-nut's.

Great for candy though, am lookin for a supplier of valencian nuts at the moment, had to laugh when I saw those fields. The search for the perfect nut continues..

Workhorse, you got quite a selection of food on the wing there not to mention the chooky-bum-nuts. :cool:

Stripped the seals out of the doors yesterday and this morinin all is workin great, smells good, rh an temp spoton.
Issue?- The whole unit was sealed and was being vented through the roof, where I believe to much heat was lost along with the rh, maybe by venting from the middle to lower part of the kiln would work better and by adjusting the height of the take out tube in the chamber be able to adjust the rh without effecting the temp to much.?
Cant experiment much at the moment as the main crop is in there but will give it a go later me thinks.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think you're on to something with the lower vent. Heat rises so a lower vent could save your heat, it just makes sense that wet air would be heavier than dry air. I wonder if it would help to cut the fan before venting, allowing the warm air to rise above the vent and the moister air to settle near the vent? Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.