Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Kiln Build Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Am not sure I'm puttin this in the right place so hopefully it can be moved if need be.:confused:

Firstly I would like to dedicate this to and thank my lil' Lady, who you will see puts up with a chaotic loon for a man.
And thanks to you guys for the inspiration in both the build and the blog. I aint done this before (please beer with me or for me as I dont drink).

Day 1.

Find polystyrene...

Photo0002.jpg

Found it.

Photo848.jpg

And loaded. Took a lot longer and was a lot slower on the trip home. Poor lil L200 (Mighty Max) she flew with a bit of a tail wind and came near enough to a stop in a head, but she got us home with a few cool downs on the way. About a 6 hour round trip in all. 13 hours with coffee breaks, me an me lil lady love our coffee.

Webby

Day 2

Day 2 comes 3 days after wasting a day building and testing this.

P3170112.jpg

Not a complete fail as it worked. However it dont cut dirty damp poly. :( I did however have a shed load of fun tutuing with it. :eek:

Webby

Hot wire cutter with a deff Billy T aspect. 12v 7amp lighting transformer hooked up to the speed regulator out of jigsaw to take some of the heat away. Hummed an vibrated, an awesome wee toy. Got the poly on trade me, 20 bucks as much as I could carry. The stuff I didn't use kept me busy here,
IMG_6117.jpg
keepin me Lady's feet warm. Goin back this week for more down in Petone to finish the house.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Under there looks like the place to cure your leaf. Cooler than the shed and you can keep the ground wet. Partition off a large enough section with plastic for the leaf. That looks like the spot.

Webby

Kuncklehead "you da man" as my bro says. An I just posted on Seanz grow log another idea, but this one might fly better for me. Doin a little dance about now.

Webby

Day 4-5

Things are already a bit messy around the yard after the work under the house. And what fun I'ma gonna make more.

Tools
P3170110.jpg

and the lawn mower. Missin from foto.
The Plans
P3180108.jpg

After a measure an cut.
P3170096.jpg
Even the spectators managed to count 5 walls? Got a bit over zealous an kept cuttin.

P3170098.jpg

On with the paint.
P3170122.jpg

Around 7l of scientifically formulated and colored left over acrylic paints from the dump and around the house. 2 coats in all only on the insides and joints.Chucked it all in a pot and came up with the military olive as final color. Butiful mate
And leave to dry over night.

Boboro

Under there looks like the place to cure your leaf. Cooler than the shed and you can keep the ground wet. Partition off a large enough section with plastic for the leaf. That looks like the spot.
As long as none of them NZ critters cant get to it.

Boboro

No but dont use fish or fishy smellin stuff for fert. the cats , and here coons will tear up the garden. Ant none of them big ass bats under thir are they?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
that insulation should retain any heat you make '' very well''

i also use some styofoam sheets to line my kiln with, and so far have no issues with it,

this year i will really have it packed tight when i start too hand my bacca up, and cure it real good, in there,

i run 2 crock-pots, and a '' radiator'' type heater, all set to a timer,

im hoping to upgrade to a thermostat for the heat/ humidity,,,, this year

Status
Not open for further replies.