Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2013 Texas Tobacco Growers convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

I got together with BarG on Sunday for the 2013 Texas Tobacco Growers convention and seedling swap. This year the activities included a fish fry and a sampling of some of the fine local beers. As I got a guided tour of the convention grounds, I learned BarG's secret to keeping bad weather at bay. The weather has gotten better here since my last report. It was a great day and I hope to get back there soon.
BarG.jpgWarding off evil spirits.JPG

Knucklehead

Founding Member
He's grown some hair since his last picture. That baccy patch is looking good. Looks like you took him some of that lite beer you drink.

Fisherman

Well chit.... I just sent 450 plants north to Tyler this past Thursday......................... Sheila took them to relatives for their first grow.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The top picture is the south end of a north bound mule. Right? Do I win anything?

BarG

Founding Member
But what about the picture on the right?.......:rolleyes:

I'm sure Steve will be a while posting any pics. I have a tendency to break cameras when Mine is taken!:rolleyes:

We had a good time, ate, and drank a few shiner longnecks and budweisers, and swapped a couple dozen plants each.

BarG

Founding Member
In this pic you can see I am enjoying a beer and a fine cigar while standing in a double row of Bursa that has survived
35 mph winds so far with only a few snapped stalks, easily replaced.
100_2319.jpg

Heres a leverhead pic amongst the Bursa. I even twisted his arm to try one of my cigars I rolled up on the picnic table!
100_2318.jpg

Last but not least , a pic of leverhead standing in rows of cigar and cig. variety plants.
100_2317.jpg

I set out the 2 dozen Southern beautys he raised 4-20, they were very healthy plants!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
In this pic you can see I am enjoying a beer and a fine cigar while standing in a double row of Bursa that has survived
35 mph winds so far with only a few snapped stalks, easily replaced. I set out the 2 dozen Southern beautys he raised 4-20, they were very healthy plants!
Good lookin' dudes not withstanding, is that soil as good as it looks?

BarG

Founding Member

Yea! that grayish blonde guy is a fine figure of a man, aint he.
Thats my composted horse poop on top of the unplanted rows and I hope so! there used to be a corn belt running down this road before it was subdivided.

I'm glad you pointed out that was Leverhead in your plot, I was thinking some kind of varmit got loose...:)

Lol! It warn't no varmint, I got my faithful watchdog to keep them out.

leverhead

I wished I had taken a picture of his veggie patch. His onions and broccoli are great. His soil is as fine textured as what I'm growing in, his drains better. He has more trouble with the wind than I do.

BarG

Founding Member
I took Rayshields advice on my onion patch. He sent me some onions the size of softballs last year, man were they great too! He turned me on to www.dixondalefarms.com It also helps to plant in winter opposed to spring. Should be a great crop.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Good times! I wish I had been there...

As a party crasher, me too :D LOL

BTW, I'm really jealous about your short sleeved shirts, I'm still wearing a coat here. COLD
icon8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.