Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

To trim or not to trim........suggestions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

Us Bama boyz are having a tough time with weather. My Planting went well but due to thunderstorms a large number of my plants have lower leaves yellow/white/holey/dying. My question is since new growth is appearing, should I trim off the bad leaves as soon as possible so the plants can put more energy into the good new growth or just leave them alone?

My gut feeling is out with the old and in with the new, but don't want to mess them up by pruning when I shouldn't.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I asked Jessica the same thing. She said leave them until they were pretty much clearly goners. I think they are still gathering sunlight for photosynthesis.

workhorse_01

I think they are still feeding the plant also. I left mine because the leaf size is set. what is it taking? I can only see benefit to the plant to leave it.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It doesn't hurt the plant if you let the lower leaves cure and dry right on the plant. It also gives you something to smoke when you're in the field.

Just remember to keep your pipe handy.

DGBAMA

It doesn't hurt the plant if you let the lower leaves cure and dry right on the plant. It also gives you something to smoke when you're in the field.

Just remember to keep your pipe handy.
Lol. I wish they were big enough for that. Just been in the ground two weeks. The ugly leaves have turned thin and white like wet tissue paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.