Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hey spencer here tell some about myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Going to be nice having that tractor up and running. They don't make them like that anymore.

spencerpearson

no they dont the best thing about it is every were i look it says made in America..
and it all still works from factory in 1947. the only thing thats been change from the old man that own it was the coil cap button and plugs and wires.

spencerpearson

Ok so I got new points and got the distributor off. Think that's how you spell it.. and put them on. So got great spark now. But on doing a conpression test I got two piston with no conpression. Time the side cover off and found the two cylinders valves were stuck open. So I mite have good conpression if I can get the close right like there suppose to be.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That would be a pleasant surprise. Can you check the valve seals with the cover off?

DGBAMA

Pull the valve cover first and check for loose rocker arms from there you can tell if you have a stuck valve...bad spring.....or collapsed lifter.

spencerpearson

well the way this is made it does not have rockers it is like a briggs 5hp. it has a lifter that has a nut on top to adjust the ride height on the valve. and the springs are pushing down from the head to the cam. and you take the side cover off like a old inline 6. and you can see them there stuck open when the lifter is down on the cam stroke on both pistons. its a flat head 4cly

spencerpearson

and no you cant check the valve seat with this side cover off. the only way is to take the flat head off and look at it from the top of the block.. due to it being made in the block and not in the head.. :(

DGBAMA

Gotcha. I did not realize it was a flathead. T that changes the whole process. Rebuilt one for a sailboat last year.

spencerpearson

found a super m farm all and got a rear implament off of it for freeeeeee..... lol a buddy of mine had it and the front of the tractor is gone. the trans to the rear end is still there.

spencerpearson

Ok so I got tractor head pulled and cleaned with a wire brush. on a drill. And all valves and head gasket as well as piston and piston sleeves are new. So old man rebuilt it before he passed his son let it set up for yrs. So just need a good cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.