Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Introducing the Whole Leaf Tobacco Shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It's been literally years in the making and it's finally here. Several models have been made and it appears we've worked out all of the bugs. This is not an indestructible machine and after several members test them out, I believe we'll be able to offer a 60 day warranty on these units. These units are not by any means intended for commercial use. With proper care and maintenance, you should get several years use out of them.

Aaron

Sweeeet... I'm excited to give it a go. I really like that you made it with a built-in container/storage bin. Awesome :cool:

bonehead

that looks like a lot of thought and r+d wen't into your design. i will have to get one when they are available. it's very fufilling when your ideas come togather.

janetta007

When is that going to be available to purchase. The cut looks very smooth. Didn't look like it was hard to turn . Nice job.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
that looks like a lot of thought and r+d wen't into your design.
Nah, we just got lucky :). Actually, we started with a bin about three times the size and fooled around with a bunch until we settled on this one. Self containing unit that takes up a very small footprint on store shelves. I think people will buy them just because they're different.

When is that going to be available to purchase. The cut looks very smooth. Didn't look like it was hard to turn . Nice job.
Thank you, they should start being made available within 30 days...most likely sooner.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This shredder will be added to the product line when it becomes available. Placing orders through the store will keep everything organized.

Once I get a better sense of the production turn around time, I'll start taking orders.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Don, Are you going to have replacement parts? I like the entire set up but... that plastic box just doesn't look like it's going to hold up.
Also, would I be able to remove the shredder from the box and bolt it to a table?

Shred Man Ran

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Don, Are you going to have replacement parts? I like the entire set up but... that plastic box just doesn't look like it's going to hold up.
Also, would I be able to remove the shredder from the box and bolt it to a table?

Shred Man Ran

There are no parts that can be replaced. If the blades get dull, just drop a stone on top and run the shredder for a minute. Yes, you can disassemble the shredder and mount it to whatever you want.

What "looks" wrong with the plastic box? These are not made to last forever, this shredder has a limited lifespan. I can over-engineer this thing to last forever, but it would cost 10 times more.

Think "light kitchen appliance"...when your toaster goes bad, you buy a new one. I've never heard of a toaster repairman.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
We're doing one more small modification before we put this out to a few members for test and and then into full production. I want the shredder to be the best it can be for the money. Please understand, this shredder is designed to be an introduction to whole leaf processing. Once somebody decides to make the switch, they can buy a Powermatic or buy the motor and chute for my shredder....or heck...just continue to use this shredder and shred leaf manually.

BarG

Founding Member
I bet you could make some great hash brown potatoes or cole slaw with that shredder, You never know, people are using pasta shredders for tobacco, they may use your tobacco shredder for food stuffs.;) that would open a whole new market.

Status
Not open for further replies.