Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Moving to a new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
What obstacles do you see me running into curin this years crop when I move in about a month? I am going to sting runners in the new garage if needs be to cure what needs to be cured. I'll cut the stalks at the last moment to get the most time possible. Sadly the tomato and cucumbers will have to stay.

as for the house we are moving out of Lansing 40 minutes north to an old farm house on 2 acres :) surrounded by fields my busy farms in a nice quiet part of town still decently close to civilization.

next spring I will have to focus on a curing shed so I don't overthrow my garage haha. It'll be a good move, it'll be tough in a house that was built in 1862 but it'll be worth it.

DGBAMA

Congrats on the new place. The last minute stalk harvest is a good idea, commercially they are cut and left in the field up to a day before hanging so you should be fine as long as you have somewhere to hang it when you get there.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Second that. Congratulations on the move and the new grow area. With your expertise and superior knowledge I can't imagine any obstacles, only opportunities. :eek:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Congratulations on your new place| Once again I agree with Knucks. I have owned 6 different houses over the years both purchased and the last three built by me. It's always a challenge and very rewarding. I wish you best of luck on your move and good fortune in your new place.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Best of luck in the new old house. As a lifelong backpacker, I always see a snugly constructed house as a palace. I really hate moving, but heading away from cityization is always a good direction. How much room do you expect to have for growing next year?

Bob

AmaxB

Always fun to go to a new place to hang your hat. The head gets full of ideas for making it your own am sure you will enjoy many cold ones in back while relaxing or chatting with friends.
A few acres will allow for a nice tobacco plot, am sure you will surprise us with something grand next year. Built in 1862 I can hear squeaky floors and maybe an on seen roommate.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
The landlord doesn't have restrictions on garden size, so I could grow probably close to a hundred, along with tomatoes cucumbers okra etc (as long as the rabbits don't destroy them again).

Te floors are a bit creeky and the house ain't perfect but that quite alright. Getting away from the ghettos will be worth it alone. As for unseen roommates we will see ;)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
sounds like a good move, [ i myself will be moving around ''nov''. but its my old place... my '' working vacation on the river is coming to a end ]

with that ammount of land.. and your great entripuner spirit,,,,

im sure you'll find a way to make that acerage work in your favour,

does the new bride like it,?????

grgfinney

Congratulations on the new place and getting out of the ghetto you'll have an awesome grow next year probably a new fence around your garden also more deer and bunnies out there

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I won't be planting all 2 acres sadly, I hope to have around 50-100 plants again, more turkish and mostly white vein strains. I have a dog already which is one of the main reasons we're moving, he's a Brittany spaniel and needs more room to romp around (goes stir crazy in town :rolleyes:). I will have to construct a curing area as the garage is a lot nicer than the one I have currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.