Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Roller Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
All FTT Member will get it at way cheaper prices probably around $365 plus shipping .
They may have some hammer spots or small dents in the lower curves . This show mostly because of being painted black . Black paint will show and small dent . But I am proud of them . The rolling plate is bent by hand and is hard to make .
The top plate where the cigar is rolled on is smooth as a baby's bottom .

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I'm not a cigar man but like your idea.You can make it easy to use, fast and show good with images, it can give you good money.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Great video. That's a hell of a machine. I hope you do good with it. The video definitely belongs in the FTT Video Library.

Nikfits

BigBonner,

That is one sweet machine you built. I agree with Knucklehead. Also to add to that... Do you have that video linked to your Ebay Ad for it? If you don't I would link it. That will help sell it in a hurray. Guys who like smoking cigars that don't roll their own would get very interested in my opinion. Along with that... you sell whole leaf too. I'd add that in there.

Nothing like Old School Craftsmanship, I prefer it over store bought stuff anytime. Especially the likes of what you have done.

If I had it, I'd get one...

Nice Job!!! :D

bonehead

that machine sure is a time saver. i could roll a cigar that didn't look like a backwoods cigar. it looks like anyone could make great cigars without such a long learning curve. when i saw a picture of it in a different post i wondered how it worked. the video answered all of my questions. that is amazing. as mr. burns says on the simpsons, EXCELLENT while twiddleing his fingers.

Brown Thumb

How small will it roll one. Can it do one around the same size as a backwoods?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Larry -- Finding something with the curve of the plates you are currently bending by hand would be a big time saver. Try a section of 55 gal. drum, etc. Even if you have to double it for strength.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I don't know how big is the backwoods ? Is it about the size of a pencil ?

The one on ebay just sold but I have more to sell and getting better at making them all the time .
Knucks
Here is a picture of the top plate before I put it all together . It is made smooth and strong .

I was stripping tobacco one night by myself , studying on how to bend the plates then bam!! I thought why couldn't I clamp on one of my bail boxes and try bending by hand . it took a bit but it worked . I rolled the top and bent the bends .
Ka7cqKV.jpg

DGBAMA

Looking good Larry. Congrats on the sale.

A suggestion for making size adjustment easier; include a few hardwood dowels of popular cigar diameters. Place the desired size dowel in the tray as a "template" while adjusting the length of the canvas. Easy way to get consistent adjustment.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I used the "Share on Facebook" button on ebay. Maybe some folks will see it. Where does that post wind up, my facebook page or somewhere else?

Brown Thumb

Larry, Backwoods have a ring size of 27 from what I can find.

Markw

It is a nice looking machine there Larry. You should have no problems getting rid of those as they are well made and look simple to operate. did you manage to get the cloth/fabric sorted out to your satisfaction.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Larry, Backwoods have a ring size of 27 from what I can find.

I tried rolling small cigars with the machine . It worked ok but with practice it may get better . It was hard to roll them and seemed to do better when rolling all the way across the machine . Roling small cigars it may take a thinner mat and possibly a stiffer one . But it did work .
These are around 24 to 27 ga

lplzi3a.jpg

amw0k6z.jpg

Qa2ZYXR.jpg

DGBAMA

Those look good. Cut in half, a two fer one deal.

As you work toward perfection of your machine, and mention maybe a thinner/more pliable material; I have another thought for you.....build in a "ruler".

Straight lines of stitching with a sewing machine & thin nylon thread 1" apart lengthwise across the rolling surface would provide a built in ruler for length reference for rolling like sized cigars with minimal scrap. It would also prevent stretching of the fabric as in the video when the left edge tried to wrinkle while passing the roller across the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.