Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Indroducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I would first like to sincerely thank the members of this site for your warm welcome and hospitality. Several of you have even sent me seeds already just to be awesome!!! And I want you to know how appreciated it is. I have been a botanist all my life, growing in greenhouses, and the gardens I have built myself into my yard. One plant I have never been able to source seeds for until just now is tobacco!!!! I am so excited to grow it!!!! I will be growing a small plot of it, a few in a greenhouse I am about to build, and maybe some just indoors (take them outside when the weather is great!) I and my wife love tobacco; she is a junkie for organic additive free cigs with menthol filters-as such solely smokes american spirit. I am really hoping I can grow and create a cig for her that she will enjoy as much if not more!!!! (shes rather picky but I dont blame her!!!)
I smoked the same cigs for the past decade or so; while also chewing redman and my own blends, as well as dipping copenhagen snuff, loving the hell out of nasal snuff-and especially blending my own snuffs! I start with some of this organic tobacco blend and flavor and age and the result is more pleasing to me than any brand I have bought (though they are all good!) I have also always LOVED a good cigar-weather it be an amazing cigar fresh from a cigar/tobacco shop-or weather it be a backwoods or even black and mild convenience store stogie (however those are the only 2 convenient brands I would consider) any cigar from a good tobacco shop is devine. Carlos Torano silver........yummmmmmmmmmy!!!!! I also enjoy nat shermans. And never forget the Hookah!!!!! I have made my own shishas as well and some of them have been exceptional!!! Have also made shishas out of other plant materials which were quite amazing as well.
I need to grow enough tobacco to feed myself and wife.......I dont use very much (though I am constantly absorbing nicotine in one form or another) a tin of nasal snuff or dip will last me weeks....but my wife smokes and ounce a day average. I would idealy smoke a cigar at least once a week if not once a day but I do try to be moderate as to keep maximum enjoyment. I dont really enjoy more than a puff off of a cig a day anymore......but theres always a dip in my lip and as soon as the air becomes not so freakin dry around here i love to keep as much snuff up my nose as I can :)
Im excited to roll my own cigars.
I love fine tobaccos such as perique, and latkias a wonderful dessert!!!! Oh I forgot Im a pipe smoker at heart really-I carve my own pipes and also want to sell some they are pretty decent I have a collection so far of cherry, enlgish and black walnut, oak, crap apple....I will custom make anyone who wishes a pipe for a very reasonable price :)
my wife amber is an artistic genius in all forms of art that exist...and she wood burns BEAUTIFUL designs onto boxes I build myself as well. She also has woodburned onto a pipe or 2 and the result is incredibly beautiful!!!!! We roast our own coffee from green beans and also will happily custom roast beans for any of you fine people who wish! She makes stunning blankets, I Knit hats, she is an incredible painter/drawer and I will happily custom create a picture for anyone here! We are definatly DIY :) Ive been that way all my life thanks to my mom and ten siblings and father :) well thats about it just wanted to let you know who I am and thank you again for the kindness already shown!!!!!! I live in a beautiful valley in the rocky mountains in Wyoming just a few hours south of yellowstone national park in a beautiful place called star valley. We get frosts off and on through the spring so I start my plants in mini greenhouses in coconut coir pellets in the window-but I also plant vegetable and flower gardens directly into the ground and greenhouse and this year Im building a neat greenhouse which is several feet down into the earth as to expand the growing season.
I also make and sell beautiful furniture and cradels and such.
peace
Andrew

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. could you put Wyoming in your profile so we'll know where you're from? Some of your questions may be location and weather specific, especially about curing.

DonH

Welcome, Andrew! You'll love it here. Tell your wife that her cigarettes will taste way better than anything you can buy that's additive-free. It's not economical for the tobacco companies to blend numerous varieties to get the exact flavor you want. But we can! Last year I grew 19 varieties and now I can really fine tune my blends.

Rickey60

Welcome Andrew, good to have you join us. Sounds like your at the right place you advance your smoking pleasure.

DGBAMA

Welcome Andrew.

Smokeless users who make their own are a minority here but growing. Feel free to share your successful recipes, I am sure they will be appreciated. We have a bunch of pipe makers here too, so pics of pipes are always enjoyed by everyone.

The growing habbits of tobacco are simply amazing, and fun to watch.

bonehead

welcome to the forum. i used to like poschls president,alpine or cherry snuff. i used to be able to get it but now i can't find it localy anymore. i made some and they turned out not really good to horid. i sure could use a good recipe.

webmost

Andrew

Loved your long initial post. Great reading all the way until you said you live at Jellystone's doorstep. Now I hate you. You dawg. You get to live in Paradise, and I have to live..... here.

You make belts, perchance? I destroyed my Jellystone belt this Winter. The buckle is still nice, but the stiff leather it's made of, that gouged a furrow where the belt hole used ot be.

Come to think of it, I bought a rum flask with the emblem "Liquid Jackass" at the same gifte shoppe just south of Jellystone, and the cold in the garage warped the durn thing and it sprung a leak. Tough year for Jellystone memorabilia.

You work on anything like that? Know someone?

TIA

I love you guys so much already!!!#! ThAnk you so much I'm very excited and also overwhelmed by the kindness of this community. I will add my location, pics and recipes thanks!!!! And yeah I w dream of building the biggest greenhouse in t h e world. I simply have a fetish for botany :) thanks again!!!,,

Status
Not open for further replies.