Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I got myself a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren1979

First Time Grower
I bought this bad boy from eBay, the seller originally had it up for auction starting at £120 but it didn't sell so I made an offer or £100 and he accepted

It also included the cigars you see in the pics 17in total (didn't include the cohiba )

darren1979

First Time Grower

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Yes that would be the other name for the wood. It is the base wood that is usualy just at or under the ground level of the tree. It is a very atractive and expensive cut of wood. I looks like Maple and a good job of construction. I would love to have one on My desk. The one I have is Black Wallnut and is kind of artsy fartsy for My tast. LOL Lookup birds eye maple or burl maple to see if it looks the same. I may be wrong on the wood type.

darren1979

First Time Grower
I think your right on the wood type, I took your advice and looked on line and found myself on a veneer website and they had some book matched birds eye maple which was a very good likeness. I always thought maple to be a light wood like beach but there are some good honey colour veneers there also.I'd love to see a pic of your humidor if you get a free moment?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it is a nice looking box,,, should do the job very well..

istanbulin

Founding Member
Nice humidor Darren, enjoy the cigars :) What's the price of a new humidor (similar to yours) there ?

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I think your right on the wood type, I took your advice and looked on line and found myself on a veneer website and they had some book matched birds eye maple which was a very good likeness. I always thought maple to be a light wood like beach but there are some good honey colour veneers there also.I'd love to see a pic of your humidor if you get a free moment?
I'v got to find a way to post it, My PC it is all in bianary still. The price of veneer is also high. I still have some 3/8 inch birds eye Maple that I am going to make My Wife a box with. It will be for her size of cigars with the humidor gear in it as well. She smokes panatelas and smaller. Can You tell what it is lined with? It looks like maybe Honduran Mahogany ? That is a good hard wood as well for the use.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Nice box darren. Good find. It looks kind of empty now, like it needs some home grown cigars in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.