Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

sweet cigar character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

No, the leaf was just fine. No harm done. Just about every order I get has a little 2" slice in the bag. It looks like a razor cut. They probably have a drug sniffer they slide in there.

Yeah, the Dog probably wanted to chew it! A while back when we had our big dog, it tore through and ate 2 cans of Kodiak wintergreen, ate it all. Of course he had the runs for a couple of days. I was just surprised he was able to get the plastic cans open, be he was always a smart dog!

ArizonaDave

There is another mixture that can be used on Tobacco that I've found works good, but only if you don't mind an additive. Rum/Honey or Rum/Vanilla work very well, and date back to old Cuban recipes. I have used Rum/Vanilla more extensively. There's both natural leaf mixtures, and sweetened mixtures that could help. It just depends on what you prefer.

Ben Brand

Did anybody try to put some oriental Bursa in with cigar tobacco, do you guys think it will sweeten the cigar. I would also like to give my cigars a slightly sweet taste, but the problem I have is space, I only have space for about 200 plants, so I don`t want to waste space planting tobaccos that`s not going to work for me.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I remember somebody adding Bursa to a cigar blend (or was it a Bursa puro ?). According to literature, there're two Turkish varieties can sweeten cigar blends, Canik and Düzce. Canik was an essential component in old (extinct) Turkish made cigars. I've also heard that some old Turkish cigar blends used to contain Bafra.

ArizonaDave

I remember somebody adding Bursa to a cigar blend (or was it a Bursa puro ?). According to literature, there're two Turkish varieties can sweeten cigar blends, Canik and Düzce. Canik was an essential component in old (extinct) Turkish made cigars. I've also heard that some old Turkish cigar blends used to contain Bafra.

Bafra is new to me, so I'll read up on this one. I have added Turkish Oriental Prelep to a Cigar many times with good results. Izmir is growing outside, so it'll be a while before I try that. Bafra sounds very interesting....

Ben Brand

I see a lot off members write about Piloto Cubano tobacco. Does anybody have anybody got any seeds for piloto? I'm trying to get more varieties so I can distribute them in SA and basicly the Southern hemisphere

ArizonaDave

I see a lot off members write about Piloto Cubano tobacco. Does anybody have anybody got any seeds for piloto? I'm trying to get more varieties so I can distribute them in SA and basicly the Southern hemisphere

Piloto Cubano is a sweet cigar leaf, and I love this as a filler, without departing from a traditional cigar taste. I don't think I have that particular seed though.

Planter

Perhaps you remember this post: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads...-tobacco-from-the-late-1800-s?p=5710#post5710

Cigars made entirely from air-cured Izmir and/or Bursa are very nice. Not as sweet as sweetened commercial cigars, though (in my experience). But they go well with dark, malty beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.