Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A newbie from the Old Dominion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvick003

Hey guys!

My name is Gavin and I am from Virginia. I am a newbie to cigar enjoyment (started smoking about 2 years ago.) I am always looking to make things and grow things rather than buy them and this forum has provided me with a lot of info. I hope you guys don't mind me asking questions because I have plenty to ask. Hope to get to know y'all soon. Best wishes.

Gavin

Cigar

Welcome to forum..you have come to rite place to learn about tobacco!..alot of great advice from people who really know makes a world of diffence just ask and someone will be glad to answer:cool:.

Cigar

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the Growers' FAQ (link at the top of every page).

What part of Virginia are you from?

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome , You'll nearly always get informative answers to your questions.
There are no stupid questions just stupid answers. Heh heh! But we get there eventually.

dvick003

Yeah. I am kind of in a dilemma. I may not have enough money to have internet and grow tobacco. Oh well, I guess the internet will have to go!

leverhead

Welcome! Growing tobacco doesn't have to cost allot of money, it can be more than a little work. You won't need a gym membership.

Smokin Harley

kind of like taxidermy (I did that from 1999-2003), best hobby you can get started with on the cheap , pays for itself quickly and you make a lot of friends in the mean time. only exception is you dont burn the results ,lol.

AmaxB

Hey Gavin how are ya? Old VA. you can grow some nice tobacco in our local. Welcome in - growing is not that much money to do and smoking what you grow is a bang. I did my first grow last year and came away with more than a few pounds. Am smoking the stuff now, some things ya can't buy.

dvick003

AmaxB,

I want to grow tobacco but I was wondering what strains to plant. I grow a large garden every year and hope that it's not too difficult to get a decent harvest of leaf. From what I have gathered, it seems as though it is more important what strain you grow and how you age/ferment it than where its grown. Any suggestions on strains to get started? I would like to grow leaf that I can get everything from mild to full smokes from. I like the fuller end of things but several of my buddies cant handle the heat. Lol. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.