Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

U.N. approves increased global tobacco tax during secret session (this is GLOBAL NOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Via:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/14/uns-world-health-organization-urges-global-tobacco/
and
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/1...eting-that-will-recommend-huge-tobacco-taxes/

MOSCOW — The U.N.’s World Health Organization on Tuesday approved a measure committing countries around the world to sharply raise excise taxes on cigarettes and other tobacco products, a key step to what critics warn will be a push for a global tax on tobacco.

...U.S. and Canadian representatives are also boycotting the event to protest host Russia’s recent incursions in the conflict with neighboring Ukraine.WHO officials said the tax was justified because tobacco creates an economic burden on society owing to higher health care costs for tobacco-related disease. More than two-thirds of the parties to the organization’s treaty reported an increase in tobacco taxes in 2014...

I don't care who you buy your whole leaf from or if you grow it, or if you even partake in Tobacco, but this is a HUGE step towards global control, just like the EIC a few centuries ago. And to be honest...pretty much every "government" since the dawning of time.

Take a stance now!

Bex

I would give these stories a lot more credence if they were being reported by reputable sites, frankly. Look at the other headlines on the Blaze page - next month you can expect 10,000 cases per week of Ebola, etc. Sadly, the internet is full of biased sites that list sensational half-truths. The Washington Times and the Blaze are two sites where, if I view them at all, I take them with a pound of salt. Or more. :)

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
The Washington times is quite reputable in this country and tends to lean towards the left. The blaze is a conservative news reporting company with left leaners don't tend to pay attention to. I tried to cover the whole spectrum, I'm working on getting a scan of the actual UN global proposal, it was brought up during the tax and security summit in Moscow.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Duly noted Bob, I just got home from work and trying to figure out issues with my pharmacy for 2 hours so I'll start digging. If I'm not mistaken the WHO is part of the UN so it'll be on either site

Bex

The Washington times is quite reputable in this country.

You are confusing it with the Washington Post. The Washington Times was actually started by Sun Myung Moon of the Unification Church. Or Moonies, as they used to be called.

Lorenzai

Not to be cynical but this sounds like some NWO / Illuminati type conspiracy theory hoo-ha. Since when does the United Nations hold secret meetings about taxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.