Took this picture @ 9AM this morning and it is still snowing. ICK:mad:

Pete

attachment.php

Attachments

• Snow 2-1-2015.jpg
    Snow 2-1-2015.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 148

DIY Pete

Took about 2 hours behind the snow blower to get the drive and street cleared. It's supposed to snow for another 5 or 6 hours, so another 3-5 inches and then another hour or 2 behind the snow blower. I think I will have a snack and then a nap.

Pete

webmost

Do me a favor, will ya Pete? Run that snow blower over to Spirit Lake and clear the drive at Polaris' Indian factory, so they can get my freakin Scout out the door some day in this life time.

DIY Pete

Do me a favor, will ya Pete? Run that snow blower over to Spirit Lake and clear the drive at Polaris' Indian factory, so they can get my freakin Scout out the door some day in this life time.

That is about a 4.5 hour trip in good weather, might take 12 hours today assuming the roads are still open. I feel your pain on waiting for your new toy. It was that way when I got my Harley. I had to wait for about 3 weeks after purchase before I got a nice enough day to pick it up and ride it home.

Pete

webmost

That is about a 4.5 hour trip in good weather, might take 12 hours today assuming the roads are still open. I feel your pain on waiting for your new toy. It was that way when I got my Harley. I had to wait for about 3 weeks after purchase before I got a nice enough day to pick it up and ride it home.

Pete
Three weeks? Child's play. I ordered this one early in September.

DIY Pete

Looks like it's done for the most part.
Pete

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-02-01 13.43.35.jpg
    2015-02-01 13.43.35.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 137

JOE1977

attachment.php

Feelin the pain as well. This is a shot of my garden space I hope to grow baccy in. I have no idea how much snow we got because it's been blowin 30mph for the past 8 hours. It's been drifting like ocean waves here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 137

DIY Pete

I hear ya. The wind is just starting to really get going here. Most likely I will have driftasaurus to move out of the driveway in the morning but there are worse things in life.

Pete

DIY Pete

It sure is pain in the ass to shovel but I love how pretty it is after a good snow.

Pete

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-02-02 11.37.54.jpg
    2015-02-02 11.37.54.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2015-02-02 11.38.01.jpg
    2015-02-02 11.38.01.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 133

DIY Pete

Took over 20" out of the driveway this morning, can't wait to retire to AZ

Agreed, unfortunately I have about 20 years to go. My parents retired down to Sun City, AZ full time a couple of years ago and it sure is nice to go visit in the middle of winter. Once my son gets through college I am going to look for work in Flagstaff so I can be close to my folks as they get older and to take advantage of their house in the valley.

Pete

DIY Pete

Flagstaff is a truly beautiful place, summer or winter, but they average 100 inches of snow annually.

Bob

True they get a lot of snow but warm and sunny is only a couple hours away in Phoenix and I like that a lot. Living in the valley is not an option.

Pete

DIY Pete

One of my Dads stated retirement goals was to :Never see snow again. So he spends the winters in the Valley playing golf with his friends and travels around the midwest all summer in the RV with Mom.
Sounds like the good life to me.

Pete

DIY Pete

No snow problems but mighty cold. -5F this morning, it made for a cold walk to work. I would rather have cold than a ton of snow any day. I feel sorry for all the folks in the northeast, around 100 inches of snow in the last 4 weeks! That's just crazy.

Pete

bonehead

No snow problems but mighty cold. -5F this morning, it made for a cold walk to work. I would rather have cold than a ton of snow any day. I feel sorry for all the folks in the northeast, around 100 inches of snow in the last 4 weeks! That's just crazy.

Pete
it's below 0 and the snow,sleet, freezing rain and rain are suposed to be here for the weekend. it is suposed to get into the thirties one day for the rain then freezing again. how many roofs will come down if the snow on top of the buildings gets waterlogged? a lot of roofs already colapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.