Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Jaybird's Introduction. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybird

I only say that because I have been taunted with home rolling now for about 4-5 months and I am just too damn busy to start a new hobby.
That said...

Cheers my fellow lovers of the leaf! My name is Jay. I am a cigar lover, beer lover. I am the owner of Nor Cal Brewing Solutions and StogieToys.com. Nor Cal Brewing is a home brew store and StogieToys is a little cigar holder I invented. I come here to learn as much as I can about the craft of rolling your own. It looks like there are some KILLER rollers here. I have thought about buying the sampler and just giving it a try but I fear I will get WAY to invested and forget about life for awhile..LOL I really look forward to picking your humidors, uuuhhhhh I mean brains about leaf selection and technique. The whole idea of creating that PERFECT cigar is very intriguing. My passion for all things craft has brought me here to you guys. You're probably gonna wish I never found you..LOL Thank Marc L for that!

A little about me. 42years young. Married 18 years. 3 kids. BVusiness owner entrepreneur. #98 of the Grindstone Cigar club. Passionate about everything I do. I feel if its worth doing its worth OVER doing and doing better than you did last time!! I like to drive fast, drift smooth rock it loud and smoke it often! I have a zest for life and love living it every day! I look forward to being a small part of your community!

Cheers
Jay

rainmax

Founding Member
Re: You guys SUCK! LOL

Welcome Jay. You will found a lot of interesting reading here and movies of course. Cigar rolling is almost the same addictive than growing...so be careful...

Jaybird

Thanks for all the welcomes gents!
Any suggestions to a blend kit that is a little on the sweeter side. I have found a couple of flavor profiles I really don't enjoy. Pepper being 1 of them and Grassy being another. I am basically good with most anything else but really like a little sweetness. Natural sweetness not added artificial sweetness if that makes sense.

I am really looking forward to getting started so I can set a few down to age a little.
Also how long do you guys feel is adequate to get through the sickness phase and how do you know when it is started and done?

Cheers
Jay

charlie G.

Welcome Jay
Always gad to see new members on the site. I think others would be better at recommending any tobaccos.
It really doesn't take much time to roll up a few bunches and enjoy at another time. I hope you can find the time to start rolling your own.

ChinaVoodoo

So did I offend someone with my introduction title? Funny!

Certainly got my attention! My first thought, tbh, was that some rabid anti-tobacco type got amongst us. I wasn't personally offended, but there's no need for the shock factor; most guys want to learn about new members. Welcome to the forum Jay. I look forward to seeing you reap the rewards of rolling your own.

Jaybird

Nope, I just thought you were Jealous of How Good these Guys can roll around here.
Welcome Aboard.

This is it exactly! ya know along with the fact of what we do on the end of a cigar..LOL

I just found it funny someone changed it.

Cheers
Jay

BrewinHooligan

Hey brother!! Glad to see you over here!! Knowing that you don't like spice I will have to try rolling a few with my new filler to come up with something more your speed. USHOG on Botl.org is sending me some leaf he grew to try as well so I'm pretty sure I can get something slightly sweet with some cream and Cocoa if what I have in mind is right. I would be happy to send a bit of leaf too if you want to try before you buy. The guys here are great and so helpful, it's a great place.

Cheers!!
Jonathan

Jaybird

Hey brother!! Glad to see you over here!! Knowing that you don't like spice I will have to try rolling a few with my new filler to come up with something more your speed. USHOG on Botl.org is sending me some leaf he grew to try as well so I'm pretty sure I can get something slightly sweet with some cream and Cocoa if what I have in mind is right. I would be happy to send a bit of leaf too if you want to try before you buy. The guys here are great and so helpful, it's a great place.

Cheers!!
Jonathan

Ohh man, fancy seeing you here. Now I see why your learning curve was so short..Baahhhhhhhaaaaaa
Ya know man I think its not not so much spice I don't like its that Pepper spice like Black Pepper. I find most cigars have a little spice and that's cool. Its just that black pepper I get from time to time that I am like Ohhhhh Now I know..LOL And its also like I snuff a cigar out when I get a Pepper Spice one. I just try and not get one again.
Thanks for the offer of the leaf Jonathan but I will pass right now. I really am to busy to dive into a new hobby. Sold my house, buying another and trying to get it all straight. BUT... as soon as I settle down I think I am going to jump on the band wagon and try it out. I have a feeling it will be very relaxing. I think one of the sample packs from WLT will do me just fine in due time my friend. Which is why I am here. While I don't have the time to indulge just yet. I can still read a little and ask dumb questions.
Cheers brother!
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.