Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

IOLA tobacco Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

that is a beautiful grow. what do you do with all the burley you grow? i grew a lot of burley my first year growing. i still grow burley but less plants and different kinds. what is your favorite burley that you grew and used? i hope that is not to many questions.

USHOG

Never to many questions my friend. I taste all of the burley but not my flavor profile by itself. I grow it mainly for friends and every once in awhile I will use it a pipe blend but my favorite burley so far has to be TN 90. I have only grew about 16 different burleys. If silver river is a burley type it wins hands down

bonehead

Never to many questions my friend. I taste all of the burley but not my flavor profile by itself. I grow it mainly for friends and every once in awhile I will use it a pipe blend but my favorite burley so far has to be TN 90. I have only grew about 16 different burleys. If silver river is a burley type it wins hands down
i have 12 silver river plants growing this year to see what happens. it is interesting about the classification and what some people are saying about menthol flavor while some say it dosen't taste like that.

USHOG

I am also growing silver river for the first time but I did get to sample the leaf from the seed I am growing and it was impressive to me along with many others I am currently growing but I have a taste pallet that if I don't smack it around with different flavors it starts getting boring and repetitious. I am up for any suggestions of powerful flavored leaf weather it is good blended or stand alone. The crazy flavors that you never hear about is the seed I am looking for for next years grow. Tell me what you have.

DGBAMA

I am also growing silver river for the first time but I did get to sample the leaf from the seed I am growing and it was impressive to me along with many others I am currently growing but I have a taste pallet that if I don't smack it around with different flavors it starts getting boring and repetitious. I am up for any suggestions of powerful flavored leaf weather it is good blended or stand alone. The crazy flavors that you never hear about is the seed I am looking for for next years grow. Tell me what you have.

Did I send you Bolivian Crillo Black? It grows much like the Silver River, but I get a dark possibly "coffee" undertone instead of the "cedar" that I get from the Silver River.

USHOG

I have 144 of the Bolivian Cirollo Black going in the ground next week along with some black mammoth

bonehead

the first year i grew tobacco i grew shirley, it was a dark virginia that air cured well. i don't grow many crazy flavored tobaccos. i wish it was easier to keep track of tobacco during and after the season. more times than one i was guessing what some of the cured tobacco was a year after harvesting. i need a better system because i forget stuff i am sure i wont forget.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i got very little silver river going.. my seed was old, but ill have fresh seed for next year.. i really like the strain.. and the tn 90..

Muskrat

. . . I have a taste pallet that if I don't smack it around with different flavors it starts getting boring and repetitious. I am up for any suggestions of powerful flavored leaf weather it is good blended or stand alone. The crazy flavors that you never hear about is the seed I am looking for for next years grow. Tell me what you have.
I'm a rank newbie growing on my patio a few Small Stalk Black Mammoth and Goose Creek Red I got from sustainableseedco.com. I, too, like variety, and intend to get different flavors by doing different post-cure operations: kiln, toast, Cavendish, and Perique. That would give me eight flavors, maybe 10 if I did both brown and black Cavendish.
I was also looking at some interesting Turkish at the same web site. Prilep, developed by Macedonia to be very productive and sweet, and Japan 8, which purports to have a licorice flavor. (Whodathunk a Turkish variety would be named Japan 8?)

BTW, a pallet is used to move stuff with a fork lift, artists use a palette to hold their paint, but you have a sophisticated palate for flavors. (Heh. A gourmet hamburger chef near San Diego always makes his hamburgers look really nice, "because, as everybody knows, 90% of your taste buds are in your eyeballs.")

Status
Not open for further replies.