Mites that live on all our faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Demodex_folliculorum.JPG

"We all seem to have Demodex mites living on our faces."

A wonderful article from the BBC: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150508-these-mites-live-on-your-face

"these mites also don't have anuses."

Bob

Gdaddy

I hope they don't have anus envy because... I do have an anus and they better damn well stay away from it. Anus-less mites crawling on my face...what the heck!!!

Maybe a little too much information there Bob. My face is now super itchy and I think I can actually feel them crawly around...ARGGGHH. I may never sleep again. This is freak'in me out man.

"They still need to poo, so it's been said that they 'explode' with waste at the end of their lives.
All their waste builds up over time and then there's one large flush of bacteria
They do save it all up until death, though. When a Demodex dies, its body dries out and all the built-up waste degrades on your face."

146.jpg

MarcL

I've heard of thinking big. ... this is thinking small. I've heard not to sweat the small stuff. We're being eaten alive.

jl377ADo1RAVR.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, given all the critters living on and in our bodies, if 90% of your cells are not you, then you have to look on the bright side. When you do something really dumb, just blame it on the other guys. Your walking bed and breakfast is simply a venue for other actors.

Really, the Demodex ate my homework.

Bob

webmost

Well, given all the critters living on and in our bodies, if 90% of your cells are not you, then you have to look on the bright side. When you do something really dumb, just blame it on the other guys. Your walking bed and breakfast is simply a venue for other actors.

Really, the Demodex ate my homework.

Bob

Will that stand up in court? ... cause I have a couple projects in mind...

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
and i got facial hair,,,,,,,, i wonder if thats a breeding ground for them???

charlie G.

Geez Bob, thanks for sharing that info :( Maybe cause it was a BBC article that means we don't have them here in the US.
I have a beard so I guess they were warm all winter on my face.
At least they don't shat on our faces if they have no anuses.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I knew I wasn't crazy!! I've got bugs all over me, now, if the voices would stop talking to me in Aramaic and everyone would stop letting me hear their thoughts we'd be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.