Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTheNewGuy

Hey everyone I'm Mike from western Pennsylvania and I recently jumped feet first into growing tobacco. I started smoking cigars about 2 and a half years ago now and quickly became interested in the rolling part of which landed me on whole leaf tobacco purchasing a blend kit.

My first few cigars weren't terrible but weren't good either and I quickly lost interest in rolling. Fast forward to early June of last year and I find myself purchasing tobacco seeds online hoping to do a test crop. All in all my season went smoothly despite the late start and I have a few small containers of my own home grown and self processed tobacco ready to roll.

I sampled the criollo middle leaf as it was the first to leave the kiln and it was better than I ever expected. I may only be introducing myself now but this forum is solely responsible for my successful mini harvest and I thank everyone here that openly shares their knowledge on the subject.

I look forward to talking with everyone on all things tobacco. My primary focus is on cigar varieties and specifically havanah types. This year I grew Vuelta abajo, criollo, and habano all from heirloom tobacco but the habano all dried green due to my own error. I haven't tried them other than the middle priming of criollo. I'm thinking of adding Comstock spanish next year or another sweeter cigar type.

Looking forward to meeting everyone around here!

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Welcome Mike Iam not in to Cigars but really like to grow things most herbs and tobacco. Think you will become a interesting man to follow her in FTT.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well if you already have done a small grow..although a late start..

If you move quick and get everything lined up I'm sure you'll have a excellent grow this year..

I look forward to following your grow..start a.grow journal..so we can see your progress... Plus its.good to be able to look back on what you've done

MikeTheNewGuy

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll be starting my sprouts early March as last frost is some time in April around here so that grow journal will be coming. Roadwarior I appreciate the offer. I'm not all that far from you in erie. I'm about 70 miles south in mercer county maybe a smoke session is in the future.

Raodwarior

The shop is here in North East so smoke sessions are always available. Plus I do a part in a podcast out of New Castle and I get down for studio tapings every so often as well.

DGBAMA

Welcome. Growing becomes part of the reward. If you have a taste for different, there are more named varieties than a reasonablean can grow in a lifetime assuming you grow 10 new types each year.

burge

Welcome I am a buyer Not in a place where you can grow anything so I buy

ArizonaDave

Hey everyone I'm Mike from western Pennsylvania and I recently jumped feet first into growing tobacco. I started smoking cigars about 2 and a half years ago now and quickly became interested in the rolling part of which landed me on whole leaf tobacco purchasing a blend kit.

My first few cigars weren't terrible but weren't good either and I quickly lost interest in rolling. Fast forward to early June of last year and I find myself purchasing tobacco seeds online hoping to do a test crop. All in all my season went smoothly despite the late start and I have a few small containers of my own home grown and self processed tobacco ready to roll.

I sampled the criollo middle leaf as it was the first to leave the kiln and it was better than I ever expected. I may only be introducing myself now but this forum is solely responsible for my successful mini harvest and I thank everyone here that openly shares their knowledge on the subject.

I look forward to talking with everyone on all things tobacco. My primary focus is on cigar varieties and specifically havanah types. This year I grew Vuelta abajo, criollo, and habano all from heirloom tobacco but the habano all dried green due to my own error. I haven't tried them other than the middle priming of criollo. I'm thinking of adding Comstock spanish next year or another sweeter cigar type.

Looking forward to meeting everyone around here!

Mike, you might want to try http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm You'll get about 200 more seeds per pack, and they supply all the other seed companies. Also, there's the FTT seed bank on here, and the GRIN seeds. Plus some of us just might share some with you :)

MikeTheNewGuy

Mike, you might want to try http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm You'll get about 200 more seeds per pack, and they supply all the other seed companies. Also, there's the FTT seed bank on here, and the GRIN seeds. Plus some of us just might share some with you :)

From lurking around here it seems northwood is the place get seed from. I appreciate the tip on the ftt seed bank as well! I have room for about 30-40 plants I'm just trying to decide if I want three varieties or four. Decisions decisions...

ArizonaDave

From lurking around here it seems northwood is the place get seed from. I appreciate the tip on the ftt seed bank as well! I have room for about 30-40 plants I'm just trying to decide if I want three varieties or four. Decisions decisions...

If you end up with more than that, the input here could help you with a winning combo of leaves. Yes, Northwood is a great place, so are members here. Just put up a thread "Looking for seeds", and you may be surprised. Good to have you onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.