Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Nub cigars?? Wondering about rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogie

I want to roll a similar style of cigar to the nub, I looked around and there is a lot of videos of him rolling/ putting the wrapper. It looks like he has the binder bound in paper prior to adding the wrapper. Are these rolled old world style, with no mold? I'll see if I can find the best YouTube video
http://youtu.be/kMoRQ3WuseY

at 1m53 he takes it out to put wrapper on

in other vids he has them wrapped in paper and stored on the side??

what you think

Gdaddy

This is how the wedding rollers and rolling demonstrations are done. They take the cigars after they're pressed in the mold and wrap them in paper to hold the shape. This way they can take a bunch of ready to roll cigars in a box to the location without lugging around the big heavy molds. Also, the time it takes to free roll a cigar takes too much time for this kind of event.

Doogie

Ok I never knew that, but it makes sense. Thanks they do smoke pretty nice I was surprised how long the burn time was.

TravisNTexas

I'm going to give the paper mold method a try. I want to experiment with some different vitolas and that seems like an inexpensive way to do so and still get good results!

Doogie

the paper method is great you can get some really good looking sticks out of it. If i have a wrapper that looks like crap or really veiny ill wrap it again in paper till it drys then off to the humidor.

Status
Not open for further replies.