Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greeting everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftynick

Hello fellow member. Lefty here from Malaysia. I have been lurking on this forum for a while now. Nice community you guys have here and a lot of good info on growing tobacco here. I have started growing my own tobacco but because of limited space (and money) i only can grow in 1 gallon (5 liter) cooking oil bottle. These pot i got for from nearby hawker stall. I am growing 3 variety currently, samsun, havanna and spanish zimmer. Still waiting on my little dutch seed to arrive and some virginia tobacco is on my list of growing next. From what i learn, small pot will reduce my yield but my goal is to only grow some smoke able tobacco and save money. Currently i am smoking traditional tobacco because it is the cheapest stuff i can get my hands on but it kind of harsh even after i do some dashboard curing. (The tobacco only been sun cured so i use dashboard curing to further smooth the smoke). It is quite sweet and is the next best thing from bootlegged cigarette that they sell here and god knows what they put in there. I enjoyed the grow blog in this site and have read all of the forum available to non member here.

Ouh yeah, i am hoping to grow some cigarette and cigar tobacco. I havent even taste a real cigar yet but many grow logs and recommendation on this forum i couldnt resist the temptation to grow some cigar tobacco. Thats all for introduction from me. Hopefully i can be much more proactive to start my own grow blog in this forum. Thank you

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Welcome, yes a grow-blog would be interesting, I would say 1gallon is a little bit to small, perhaps Prilep should make that fine.-Do you known what type of Havana you growing?This year did I try a Ukraine variant of pipe tobacco/cigar wrapper, I don't smoke myself but really like the way it grows, the leaf's was really thin and light green. When I air cured it it fast switch to yellow. The only thing I don't like is that it went very light brown (yellow/brown), in other ways I would really believe it would make a very nice cigar by the way the name of it is Galicki "original".

squeezyjohn

I assume that leaving the tobacco on a sunny dashboard of a car is what's being suggested. Of all the environments I have at my disposal - a car on a sunny day is one of the most effective places to dry out tobacco! I often do my snus flour grinding in the summer and use the car to get the tobacco bone dry so it will grind more easily.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I would say that dashboard curing is the really poor man's Cavendish process: high heat and high moisture. Like Cavendish processing, the dashboard cure can go to completion in a matter of hours, rather than a month. You might consider dashboard curing to be sous vide Cavendish. On the old HTGT site, a number of members "successfully" dashboard cured a "cabbage roll" of green leaf.

Bob

Leftynick

Thank you all of you
Welcome, yes a grow-blog would be interesting, I would say 1gallon is a little bit to small, perhaps Prilep should make that fine.-Do you known what type of Havana you growing?This year did I try a Ukraine variant of pipe tobacco/cigar wrapper, I don't smoke myself but really like the way it grows, the leaf's was really thin and light green. When I air cured it it fast switch to yellow. The only thing I don't like is that it went very light brown (yellow/brown), in other ways I would really believe it would make a very nice cigar by the way the name of it is Galicki "original".

Sorry I dont know what type of havanna it is. I bought the seed from ebay, a russian seed havanna. funny though it say Nicotiana Alata on the package so I wouldn't know whether it can be smoked or not. I bought the seed before I found this forum so I just buy according to the description and I found some site that tell havanna variety can be good for filler wrapper and binder. after few more research I bought the zimmer spanish that also been said to be good for filler binder and wrapper. I bought the little dutch also for the same reason but maybe suitable to my growing style (smaller plant). However, after lurking in this forum for months, I think it may be best for me to have a wrapper variety. I am thinking on fl sumatra wrapper next, maybe after my first grow turn out okay.

??? Dashboard curing?? Will you explain please? Thanks!
Pier
And welcome to FTT!

Dashboard curing is what some may call as poor man's kiln. however, like bob said, it is high temp and high humidity process and not very efficient (fluctuation too high) but this work for me for now. I put the tobacco on my car after moisturize it a bit to med case, and let them until a week. then i rest the tobacco for 3 days before packing it into cigarette. It can be too hot in my car sometime the plastic melt a bit (mind you, in my country the hottest day we can cook egg on our dashboard) but this process did smooth out the harshness of the tobacco and bring out the real tobacco smell. The tobacco i bought would rather smell grassy and this process eliminate the smell and smooth out the taste enough for me to not choke on them. I am thinking on building my self a small kiln out of polystyrene ice box after finish growing my own tobacco.

Tutu

Hi there! Where in Malaysia are you from? I lived in Kedah for two years. Welcome to the forum! Nice to see more Asians around!

Status
Not open for further replies.