Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from France! Salut depuis la France! Saludos desde Francia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youn

Hi, I'm Youn, I live in the center of France.
I mean to grow a few tobacco plants in order to make cigars. It will be my first attempt and I thank you all for the valuables informations and advices provided here… these finally gave me the courage to try.
I plan on growing four strains :
- Vuelta Abajo
- Goose Creek Red
- Ohio Dutch
- Madole
It will be a very tiny experiment of only two plants of each, in pots (not enough space!).
See you soon here in the forum!

/ Pour les francophones, je suis Youn et je vis en Auvergne. J'ai l'intention de cultiver quelques plants de tabac pour faire des cigares. Ce sera ma première tentative et je remercie tous les contributeurs pour les précieuses informations et conseils dispensés ici… cela m'a finalement donné le courage d'essayer.
Je prévois de cultiver quatre variétés :
- Vuelta Abajo
- Goose Creek Red
- Ohio Dutch
- Madole
Ce sera une minuscule expérience de seulement deux plants de chaque, en pots (je manque de place!).
A bientôt sur le forum!

/ Para los hispano-hablantes, soy Youn y vivo en el centro de Francia.
Tengo la intención de cultivar algunas plantas de tabaco para hacer cigarros. Sera mi primer intento así que les agradezco a todos para las valiosas informaciones y consejos encontrados aquí… me dieron el animo de probar.
Planeo empezar con cuatro tipos de semillas :
- Vuelta Abajo
- Goose Creek Red
- Ohio Dutch
- Madole
Sera una pequeñita experiencia de solamente dos plantas de cada cual, en macetas (falta de espacio!).
Hasta pronto en el foro!

Charly

You made an international presentation !!!

Welcome on FTT, the best place to learn how to grow tobacco !
I live in France too, it's the second year I will grow tobacco, you are right : it's easier to begin with few strains, there is enough things to learn !
Vuelta Abajo is recommanded by a lot of people (it seems to make very good puro all alone).
Good luck with your crop.

Bonjour Youn, sois le bienvenu sur FTT, le meilleur endroit pour apprendre à cultiver son tabac ;)
J'habite également en France (Nord-Est), c'est la deuxième année que je vais faire pousser du tabac, tu as raison de commencer par un nombre limité de variétés, il y a déjà assez à découvrir pour bien cultiver sans vouloir compliquer d'avantage).
Pour faire des cigares, le Vuelta Abajo et le Ohio Dutch semblent très indiqués (surtout le Vuelta Abajo qui semble faire de bons cigares à lui tout seul)
Bonne chance avec tes plantations ;)

Charles.

greenmonster714

Welcome to FTT. If you want to learn how to grow tobacco you my friend are in the right place. I assume you've already been lurking in the background and have decided to become active and post your progress. It's always awesome to see new growers join so I can learn from them as well. I too am a new grower. Yes, I cheated and used google translate..lol.

Bienvenue à FTT. Si vous voulez apprendre à cultiver le tabac, mon ami est au bon endroit. Je suppose que vous avez déjà été en cachette dans le fond et ont décidé de devenir actif et afficher vos progrès. C'est toujours génial de voir de nouveaux producteurs adhérer afin que je puisse apprendre d'eux aussi. Moi aussi, je suis un nouveau cultivateur. Oui, j'ai triché et utilisé google translate .. lol.

Youn

Thanks!

Yes, Charles, international! I take advantage of the opportunity for practice languages! I can already see there are some french people here, hope to meet ones from latin America or Spain too… my wife is mexican.

greenmonster714

Thanks!

Yes, Charles, international! I take advantage of the opportunity for practice languages! I can already see there are some french people here, hope to meet ones from latin America or Spain too… my wife is mexican.

Oh, and I forgot to mention there are a few here on the forum that have used containers successfully to grow tobacco. Not everyone has a 2 acre yard to plow up...lol. Sometimes you just to go with what you have available to work with.

Youn

You're right Greenmonster, I've been lurking a lot in the background, since nearly one month. Here I could already find answers for the main questions that concerned me. Now, after the theory, the practice will certainly bring a lot of news matters!
I'll try to share my progress regularly.
No, to use G Translate is not cheating! It's a way of learning, when it's not used passively… I do use it a lot with others dictionarys and sources from the web and it allowed me to learn a lot.
Thanks for your words in french :)

/ Tu as raison Greenmonster, je furette anonymement depuis près d'un mois. Ici, j'ai déjà pu trouver des réponses aux questions principales qui me turlupinaient. Maintenant, après la théorie, la pratique va certainement amener beaucoup de nouvelles questions! J’essaierai de partager mes progrès régulièrement.
Non, utiliser G Translate n'est pas tricher! C'est une autre façon d'apprendre, quand on ne l'utilise pas passivement… Je l'utilise beaucoup ainsi que d'autres dictionnaires et sources du web et cela m'a beaucoup appris.
Merci pour tes paroles en français :)

Youn

Oh, and I forgot to mention there are a few here on the forum that have used containers successfully to grow tobacco. Not everyone has a 2 acre yard to plow up...lol. Sometimes you just to go with what you have available to work with.

I hope to have land for growing without limit!… sooner or later!

Charly

Thanks!

So you are really international ;)
Mexico is a beautifull country, I took a lot of pleasure visiting it a few years ago !

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Youn welcome to FTT and hope you will make a successful little grow! I think you very soon will find a lot of new friends. And if you ask me you can't find a better site to find information (and help).

Youn

So you are really international ;)
Mexico is a beautifull country, I took a lot of pleasure visiting it a few years ago !

Yes, interesting country, but I still have to visit the Eastern part, I only know the Western part, near by Guadalajara and the Lake of Chapala.
I seize the opportunity sharing pictures of a cigars maker in a little village named San Sebastián del Oeste (I wasn't there and could not taste the cigars, my wife took these pics a long time ago).

mexican_cigars_maker_001.jpgmexican_cigars_maker_002.jpg

Youn

Youn welcome to FTT and hope you will make a successful little grow! I think you very soon will find a lot of new friends. And if you ask me you can't find a better site to find information (and help).

Thanks!
Indeed, I didn't find better or even comparable… except "How to grow tobacco", the others are close to nothing!

clemdu76

Welcome, je suis content que nous sommes de plus en plus a planter du tabac en France, j'imagine que en Auvergne vous avez un bon climat l'été et de bonne pluie, perso, ça va faire la 3 ème année que je cultive du tabac, mais j'apprend les "techniques" que maintenant vue que je connais le forum que depuis cette année , par contre en France la culture du tabac est autorisé que pour sa consommation personnel dans la limite de ses besoins, j'imagine que dans les autres pays c'est pareil mais c'est toujours bon de le rappeler :) :)

I am satisfied whom we are more and more has to grow some tobacco in France, I imagine that in Auvergne you have a good climate in the summer and good rain, for myself, that is going to make 3 year ago when I cultivate some tobacco, but I learns the techniques that now seen that I know the forum that for this year, on the other hand in France the tobacco growing is authorized that for her consumption staff within the limits of its needs, I imagine that in the other countries it is similar but it is always good to remind it

Youn

Thank's! Yes, nice to see that there are some tobacco home-growers in France! Affirmative, I think our climate here in Auvergne is quite well for tobacco growing. Indeed, I heard about professional growers in the region. Well, I'll confirm soon if I manage to avoid the fatal errors!

Did it works well for you in Normandy? What strains have you grown yet? For what purpose?

I agree, it's LEGAL! And it's worth to repeat it since a lot of people believe this is illegal and spread this false idea abundantly!

See you soon!

/ Merci! Oui, c'est sympa de voir qu'il y a des cultivateurs de tabac amateurs ici en France! Affirmatif, je pense que notre climat ici en Auvergne est assez bon pour la culture du tabac. De fait, j'ai entendu parler de cultivateurs professionnels dans la région. Bien, je pourrai bientôt confirmer… si je parviens à éviter les erreurs fatales!

Est-ce-que cela a bien fonctionné pour toi en Normandie?
Quelles variétés a tu déjà cultivées?
Pour quel usage?

Je suis d'accord, c'est LÉGAL! Et ça vaut la peine de le répéter vue que beaucoup de gens croient que c'est illégal et répandent cette fausse idée en abondance!

À bientôt!

Status
Not open for further replies.