Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Howdy from Colorado!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyTed

I'm Ted, a lawyer from Cowtown, Colorado, just outside Denver. I've been smoking a pipe on and off for most of thirty years, though I only recently reached the point where I'm keeping more than one pouch of tobacco in the house at a time. Suddenly I find that I need to sample every pipe blend made, and develop my own blends too.

As you can guess, I'm having a great time learning everything posted on this forum.

I suppose I should also introduce my experimental results thus far. After learning how to both blend and press tobacco on this forum, I've managed to produce some lovely goodies, including these presscakes based on DeluxeStogie's recipes:

20170411_102232.jpg

The big ones are Warspur and Jewell of Macedonia (100 gram batches), and the little ones are Davey Jones, Saz, Damascus Sun, Balkan White and Smyrna Bright. (16 gram samples)

These are a bit of an odd experiment, rolling a whole-leaf blend into a fat cigar, then stuffing it into a PVC pipe and pressing it from end-to end. One is the Abraham Lincoln Blend which can be found in DeluxeStogie's "make your own blend" thread, and the other is Novo Prilep, a variation on Smyrna Bright, using a toasting process to enrich some of the Virginias and half the Latakia, and using some of WLT's cigarette tobacco casing mixtures on the un-toasted part of the Virginias. I also used half and half Prilep and Smyrna for the "orientals" portion of the recipe.

20170411_114238.jpg

All of my blending experiments thus far have been successful.

Thanks to the forum members who have shared their knowledge, helping me achieve success!

CowboyTed

Google and Mapquest don't know nuthin' 'bout no Cowtown, CO.

Bob

:) Cowtown, Colorado is a lot like Podunk, Colorado. The nearest town that mapquest will help you find is Kiowa, Colorado.

The truth is I live where you would expect a cowboy to live: on a remote ranch in the middle of nowhere, a suitable place for horses, where nobody will complain about the smoke from my pipe. This guy doesn't seem to mind my smoke.

20170411_170630.jpg

I was going to post the obligatory picture of Colorado Mountains, but Pike's Peak is hiding in the clouds on the horizon today:

20170411_171020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.