Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Portable tobacco cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Here's another one of these things. I think it would slice a giant cigar bundle pretty good. I have one similar to it, but I have to beef it up before I use it.

Those are all very classy! Wish I had the disposable income. All my spare cash goes to my dang rare plant collection!

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Have you guys seen this one- reminds me of the cheese shredders at Olive Garden:

http://www.cuthof.se/Public_CK/

Kind of pricy- not sure how much better it would be than a pasta shredder. There is at least one US distributor I know of- not sure if that cuts the cost down or not (have not looked).

[Edit]
Curiosity got me so I checked. Ordering direct from the guys in Europe saves you over $70 after shipping (from Europe) given the current exchange rates. The US retailer indicated that shipping was not included in their price. Then again, you have to deal with overseas shipping and such- might be more convenient to buy here.

wazzappenning

i cant really see the difference from dons first one and a pasta maker (other than being antique, so way overbuilt). that third one seems like you would get a lot of jamming going on, and tear it into big chunks. same goes for the one coralreefs posted. looks like a cheese grater(which i tried and ended up with crumb/jamming and tearing), however, some of these come with cheese slicers (just straight blades instead of the little holes) which i believe is what would be in that one. i cant see it working very well either.

the blender was so so. made flakes. when in the cookie tray for toasting, it looks like corn flake batter for your chicken. its a little hard to work with and you get a very tight roll(cigarettes) if you're not paying close attention to how you're rolling.

the pasta cutter works good for me except sometimes it just wont grab the leaf. i believe lakota roughs up the surface of the rollers with a dremel tool so it grabs better.

i think the ideal would be to find a high security paper shredder,(1 or 2 mm strips) that also cuts it in lengths like mine does. but i think that will be a hefty price tag, and not sure if the stickiness of tobacco(compared to paper) would cause bunching up and other issues.

Last edited:

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
"the blender was so so. made flakes. when in the cookie tray for toasting, it looks like corn flake batter for your chicken. its a little hard to work with and you get a very tight roll(cigarettes) if you're not paying close attention to how you're rolling."

I have seen actual tobacco blenders around, I suspect that is what you are referring to here, but I realized I should clarify that when I posted the photo of the Oster Blender (or whatever brand it was), that was meant to be a joke. Then again, it might work who knows! I did not mean to suggest I had used a drink blender successfully. Although.... now I kind of want to try it and see! Need to find my pipe!

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
I might be mistaken but I thought most of the guys from HTGT that bought that said it was junk.

Really? I have never used it- always thought it reminded me of a cheese grater. That cut is more for cigarettes which I do not smoke so the appeal was never really there for me(not for over $100, I'll use scissors thank you!).

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This would work fine, but you'd want to put a 2" x 4" block in the cradle to move the tobacco bundle closer to the pivot point of the blade for more leverage.

$%28KGrHqRHJ%214E9qLfmzIOBPfH7,pPgQ%7E%7E60_35.JPG

wazzappenning

"the blender was so so. made flakes. when in the cookie tray for toasting, it looks like corn flake batter for your chicken. its a little hard to work with and you get a very tight roll(cigarettes) if you're not paying close attention to how you're rolling."

I have seen actual tobacco blenders around, I suspect that is what you are referring to here, but I realized I should clarify that when I posted the photo of the Oster Blender (or whatever brand it was), that was meant to be a joke. Then again, it might work who knows! I did not mean to suggest I had used a drink blender successfully. Although.... now I kind of want to try it and see! Need to find my pipe!

i used it as a cutter, having nothing else on hand but the cheese grater. it worked kindof. might work well in a pipe.

I hate it when that happens

lol

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I have an old Globe meat slicer. I use it all the time for thin sliced meat and veggies for sandwiches. It goes to paper thin. Think it would work for tobacco? It has a sharpener built in so if I dull the blade a little it's no problem.

John

tekwyzrd

I have an old Globe meat slicer. I use it all the time for thin sliced meat and veggies for sandwiches. It goes to paper thin. Think it would work for tobacco? It has a sharpener built in so if I dull the blade a little it's no problem.

John

I have an old Rival slicer I've used to cut tobacco. The major drawbacks are the rate at which the face of the blade gums up and accumulation of tobacco behind the blade. My 100+ year old hand-crank cutter does it better.

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

John

Not too sure but send it to me and I'll run some experiments with it, might take a year or so.
Randy B

Status
Not open for further replies.