Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBacco

Just started studying about growing tobacco, always thought it was illegal to grow your own, glad to see that it isn't. Tired of government taking so much in taxes, just started making my own cigarettes, did not realize how much money I could save. Figured I could save more if I grow my own tobacco, didn't realize there was so much involved, glad to find this website. Hope to learn from all of you and someday be able to give back to you in thanks for your help.

Rayshields

Welcome,
You are not far behind me...I got started planting seeds before I found this forum. If you look at the FAQ info on this site it will answer lots of questions you may not have thought of yet. If you haven't started seeds yet, it may be too late for this year. BigBonner on this forum has plants for sale. You may want to start out using his plants so you don't miss an entire season. It is exciting to learn just how much is involved with growing, curing, aging, fermenting etc...someone on this forum knows something about almost everything. Again, welcome to all the fun.

LittleBacco

Hi Rayshields, glad to meet you! Thank you for the info and welcoming me to the web site. I realize it's late in the season, but I've been reading about some people planting in pots and protecting during winter, thinking about trying that this year. Also I did'nt know that you could buy whole leaf tobacco, until I join this site, thinking about buying some from someone and start giving it a try, until I get my own going, I love the different ideals that people come up with, makes me feel like I'm trying experiments with some of the most brilliant mines and gives me a whole new out look on smoking. All my life, I've bought store brand cigarettes, paid more money and enjoyed less, finely starting to enjoy smoking again, and actually feel better since I've gotten away from all the chemicals that are in store brand cigarettes.

BigBonner

Founding Member
LittleBacco

I wouldn't say its too late for planting tobacco . Here in Kentucky we plant from the middle of May up until the last part of June . We harvest Mid August to first of October .
From all the tobacco I have raised I would say that they all fairly well mature at about the same rate whether it be burley or Flue cured tobacco .

Starting from seed may be the only problem you would have .You can buy whole leaf tobacco here and you can buy 6 to 8 week old plants and start growing tobacco .

And Welcome to the forum .

LittleBacco

Hi BigBonner, nice to meet you! I was concerned about the hot temp and draught conditions that we are having down here. We're already getting temps in the 90's and as you probably know we still have'nt recovered from last summers' draught. I was concern about young plants not having enough roots before we start getting 100 degree days. Last summer got most of my St. Augustine grass that I have had for years, could not keep enough water on it, only the grass under the trees survived. Thought if I plant some in pots, I can see how the plants do in hot and dry weather.

Rayshields

Right now I wish I could send some of our rain to Texas. It has rained all but one day for a week and I can't get my planting areas to dry enough to do a final deep till on them...I am contemplating having to mud my 500 plants in. I know they would do a lot better if I could wait until it dries out, but my plants are in styrofoam cups and some are getting pretty big. I am wondering if I need to cut the leaves back again before I plant.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Sometime I mow my plants off before field planting . It won't hurt them to trim them back

LittleBacco
You could plant and shade them for a few days .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I don't even plan on putting them in the ground for another month, start today!:)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I TRULY FEEL FOR MY NORTHERN BROTHERS....

little baccy,,,,this is your goal,

[my 2012 baccy patch}

>
cbaccy002.jpg

By chickenhawk434 at 2012-05-05

yes those are baby chicks running loose in there,,,,my A.K.C. attack chickens in training<:cool:

>

toad

howdy texas,
it is an awesome sight as I see it . I am in hopes to get my first seeds soon as I have not seen any as of yet from march. I am also in hopes that after I get my first crop to grow being able to share some seeds to members and the new comers. so that they can also get started on giving it a goo to grow. :)

toad

its lookin good there chick and even you AKC attack chickens ib training. they will keep the pests away

Status
Not open for further replies.