Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Blending tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftynick

Find this document while searching about tobacco casing. Might be good for someone trying to find the basic to blend cigarette tobacco. Fascinating, it says here that classic virginia blend does not have any casing except for water. It also include the percentage of stem used in commercial cigarette blending, which may be good I think, I always throw out stems, but this document make me think about using it as filler. Anyway, here is the document. I hope it is not shared here before.
https://www.industrydocuments.ucsf.edu/tobacco/docs/#id=hzbw0213

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In commercial cigarette manufacture, the stems are usually "puffed" by the sudden release of high ambient pressure. So they are similar to many "puffed" breakfast cereals. These puffed stems are then rolled out flat, under high pressure rollers, to make a thin sheet, which is subsequently shredded for inclusion in the tobacco leaf of the blend.

Bob

Leftynick

In commercial cigarette manufacture, the stems are usually "puffed" by the sudden release of high ambient pressure. So they are similar to many "puffed" breakfast cereals. These puffed stems are then rolled out flat, under high pressure rollers, to make a thin sheet, which is subsequently shredded for inclusion in the tobacco leaf of the blend.

Bob

I think I accidentally puffed my stem during my experiment making snuff from stem. I cant remember how I did it though. It include heating the stem in jar.

I can see using raw stem in cigarette is hazardous. God know how many of my shirt burned from smoking kretek cigarette with all that cloves. But I seems to notice that in pipe tobacco, there are some that still have hard chunks of stem in it. Maybe by lowering the amount and shredded the stem more finely will do the tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.