Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Boboro's Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

Starting from a stump will reduce the pest burden. I would limit it to a single sucker per stump (to maximize leaf size). Folks in most parts of the US can't get much from a second crop, but in the very deep South, you may get a meaningful yield of adequate quality to be worth the trouble.

Bob
Ican get a good 2nd crop the problem is cure'in iy before it molds.

BarG

Founding Member
Starting from a stump will reduce the pest burden. I would limit it to a single sucker per stump (to maximize leaf size). Folks in most parts of the US can't get much from a second crop, but in the very deep South, you may get a meaningful yield of adequate quality to be worth the trouble.

Bob

You got a good crop this year Boboro, I'm thinking about leaving one sucker coming from base on plants that have them during harvest, might get lucky.

Lookin' good Bobooro. Say, you're not anywhere Chicken are you. I'm kinda thinking about BarG raiding your stash too, on his way to clean out Chicken. :D

John

John, I met leverhead last weekend and he's got a realy fine crop thats much closer, only 75 miles.;) But you know the old saying " Turn around is fair play" :cool: Mines only 75 miles away also.

BigBonner

Founding Member
BarG

You are forgetting . Chicken has access to a BIG truck and knows how to use it .Home before sun up and he will post pictures before you even know its gone .

BarG

Founding Member
BarG

You are forgetting . Chicken has access to a BIG truck and knows how to use it .Home before sun up and he will post pictures before you even know its gone .

BigBonner
Chicken said he might be passing thru when things got slow to deliver hay to New Nexico. I hope they pick up a return load before the way back thru Texas.

Boboro

Rain all day thats good for the plants but I hope it dont mess up my hang'in leif. 72 and 100humity.

BarG

Founding Member
Rain all day thats good for the plants but I hope it dont mess up my hang'in leif. 72 and 100humity.

I've been priming some barely ripe havana ,started yesterday and it hasn't even wilted in the high humidity and rainy afternoons. It's thunderbooming now but no complaints because my plants seem to love it, and it is much needed.

BarG

Founding Member
I like the smooth Acorn bed post with the twist turn. Thats a cool design. For me thats unusual without some carving at acorn base to represent the husk.

I see the baccy but I could never save all that beer.

BarG

Founding Member
Nobody ever said light beer cartons don't make great light reflective surfaces, Huh.:cool: Especialy in a dark room.

Boboro

With this weeks much needed rain camemold on my hang'in leif. this is the problem I must sove before the 2nd crop comes in.GEDC1410.jpgGEDC1413.jpgGEDC1414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.