Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Deluxestogie Grow Log 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20211211_6147_RedWineYeastPerique_600.jpg

This is an enjoyable, relatively mild perique that @GreenDragon sent me. Its pouch aroma is that of gentle perique, with no suggestion of barnyard. I took a section of the whole leaf, and twisted it into a column that would squeeze into this tiny cob. (Its bowl is about the diameter of a cigarillo--32 ring, or ½ inch.) Treating it as a bouchon, I just lit it up, and puffed away. Burn is excellent. I sense a mild tang toward the back of my tongue, so the smoke is definitely more alkaline than that of the source leaf. But it's still mild enough to smoke alone. I think this would blend well with an Oriental. I'll try that, but only if I can resist just smoking all of it straight. I suspect that a wider pipe bowl would beg for it to be blended.

It's difficult for me to envision the detailed microbiology of this process. I taste nothing that resembles wine. But clearly, if there was any Pichia anomala yeast also in the ferment, there couldn't have been much. Regardless, I consider this an unquestionable success. What fun!

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The last of my leaf from 2020 has just been put into the kiln (to run into late February). All of the heat and moisture which dissipates from the kiln will contribute to heating and humidifying my house. With an empty spot remaining in the kiln, I wandered out to my curing shed, and stripped the leaf from my 3 MD 609 orphan plants. (They were the easiest to get to, in a shed full of hanging stalks.) They were harvested a bit later than the main bed of MD 609, which must account for their very top leaf curing green. I just left the 2 or 3 green leaves attached to each of the otherwise bare stalks when they were discarded.

Garden20211218_6153_MD609_orphan_baggedLeaf_400.jpg

At some distant date, before I am forced to empty the shed to make room for my 2022 crop, I suppose I will have to strip all the rest of my 2021 grow.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I think I have just discovered a new variant of Covid-19. Using the ultra-magnification of my latest readers (2.25 diopters!), I was able to directly visualize the actual spike proteins.

Garden20211222_6155_Covid19_xmas_500a.jpg

For clarity, I have named this variant using Greek letters, since everybody can read Greek. So far, there is no information on its R value, or on how severe it may be, when compared to other Greek letters. I suspect that current vaccines and treatments may have no impact on this variant.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Latest Expert Scientific Update on the Newest Covid-19 Variant

The speed of this mutation has taken me by surprise. A few parts of the country, mostly along the Sierras, Rockies and the northern tier, may now be seeing this "white" variant. At this point, it is uncertain whether this is good news or bad news. (May depend on how much tread is left on your tires.) But I had been dreaming of it.

Garden20211222_6155_Covid19_Whitexmas_500a.jpg

Remain vigilant. You should not cancel any activities that you wouldn't cancel no matter what anyone says. Wash your hands, and don't forget to wash behind your ears. Enjoy a sweet gum holiday.

Bob

Redleaf

That temp looks to be about where my garage temp is set. I wear a touque or a hat all the time for my foliicly challenged head as well. We got about 8” of fluffy snow here overnight and I had to clean my yard and driveway AGAIN today. We are in the midst of an old fashioned winter here. Lots of snow and very cold. -30 Celsius right now ( that’s around -20 Fahrenheit ) and supposed to start to really cool off overnight..

Status
Not open for further replies.