Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dominican Olor seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Has anybody please got some Dominican Olor seeds that you can send me. I tried to harvest seeds but the wind broke my seed bag during a storm, and my garden help thought he was doing me a favor by chucking it away. I thought I had some seeds left, but nothing. I have Dom Republic seeds, but are not sure if its the same. I really like the Dom Olor leaf, so if anybody got some seeds will you please pm me. I`ve got other varieties to swap.
Thank you in advance.
Ben

BarG

Founding Member
Has anybody please got some Dominican Olor seeds that you can send me. I tried to harvest seeds but the wind broke my seed bag during a storm, and my garden help thought he was doing me a favor by chucking it away. I thought I had some seeds left, but nothing. I have Dom Republic seeds, but are not sure if its the same. I really like the Dom Olor leaf, so if anybody got some seeds will you please pm me. I`ve got other varieties to swap.
Thank you in advance.
Ben
I have some Ben, extra from deluxestogie's 2012 crop sent to me 2013. I have it growing again this year. Pm your info to me for me to send. Very dark leaf when kilned.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Dominican Olor is listed in GRIN as "Cigar Wrapper (DOM REP)". Repeated grow-outs and comparisons with other known Olor varieties (as well as comparisons with photos of all commercial cigar varieties growing in the field in the DR) has led me to the conclusion that "Cigar Wrapper (DOM REP)" is Dominican Olor. I call it Dominican Olor, because there are at least three other documented varieties of Olor from Puerto Rico. All four of the Olor varieties that I have grown appear to be very similar.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Well, Ben just got a couple 3 hundred sent to him from your 2012 crop left over that you sent me in 2013. I am doing 6 more this year and bagging for seeds.

Ben Brand

Took my Dom Olor out the fridge yesterday. Whao!!! much darker than my other tobaccos. The only one close to Dom Olor is Vuelta Abajo!!! Will let it rest for a few weeks and then you know what`s going to happen!!! The bottom leaves I will def use as wrappers, a nice deep brown. Lets hope it smokes as well as it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.