Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hello guys are they dead

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I use 1020 trays no holes. I use it as a water reservoir and to hold the cells together.

I mostly use 48 cell inserts separated into 4 cell packs.

I don't use a dome or any thing else aside from 1 tray, 1 insert. I fill cells with Miracle Grow seed starting mix. It is much finer than regular potting mix and doesn't have the chunks of wood that you can find in potting soil. It wicks water from the bottom very well. I sprinkle seeds on top of the soil then thin them down later to one per cell. I remove one 4 pack along the perforations. To water, I set aside that pack to water the bottomof the tray then place that pack back into position. I don't mist the soil.

I use a propagator seedling heat mat under the trays. I have three, one for a single tray, and two double mats for two trays side by side.

I use 2' fluorescent undercabinet lights from the building supply. They came with a wired plug. I have not tried grow bulbs. I bought them because they were cheap and put out alot of light. I use 3 laid across two trays a few inches above the soil. They do not burn the leaves.

Others do things a little differently but at the end of the season the tobacco looks the same. It basically comes down to your budget, your space constraints, and what you feel comfortable in doing. The necessities are sufficient light, good soil, nutrients, patience, proper watering. The rest of it are just tools that you use to accomplish the necessities. Overwatering is by far the most common rookie mistake. There are many, many different ways that work just as well. Read grow blogs and see which method works best with your situation.

Francoisfg

Just to give you some news
i did not find those tray in the city
so i have made my own for now
I probably have lost at least 250 of my babe
I f i would have that job to do, i will immerse all those before transfer
the were at least 300 babes on a 6x6 inch
impossible to separate all of those at least with me eyes and skillness
I Had finally transfer them by bunch of 2 and/or 3 i will see later on what to do.
Still those are spoudser by Budweiser :)

Attachments

• 20230605_140711[1].jpg
    20230605_140711[1].jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 11

Francoisfg

omg tks knockelhead , ( why did you use such a word so hard to write :)
when i id post never seen it your post
this will be for next year
I hope i did not .. insult you... by telling grand 'pa
i have 37 ... grand son and girl on one side and 23 on the other side :)
tks for the info

Francoisfg

i tought it was humidity created
are you sur ?
the white spot are not holes

Attachments

• 20230609_103856[1].jpg
    20230609_103856[1].jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
White spots are common on some flue-cured varieties, and can be ignored.

Bob

Francoisfg

Just woundering
we are on june 10, just have babes on last week
it is fast growing, virgiana gold, until the freeze come it will be september or maybe a few weeks later,
what are my chance to acheive a full growth plant ?
it is my first try the more I think of it, it looks like that it will me a failure, any advice ? or Nostradamus prediction :)

Francoisfg

that will be close to a failure
what kind of a magic potion can i give them ( the new born ) cause for now it is very very very slow, they have almost 2 weeks. But 200 survive the first transplant

Knucklehead

Founding Member
that will be close to a failure
what kind of a magic potion can i give them ( the new born ) cause for now it is very very very slow, they have almost 2 weeks. But 200 survive the first transplant
That is normal. The plant energy is going to spreading roots. You should see growth from the leaves very soon.