Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

International Nasal Snuff Poll: Which Nostril 1st?

Left nostril or right nostril

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ifyougotem

You've probably noticed that people tend to be repetitive, even ritualistic, with their tobacco use preferences. Which side do you sniff first, L or R?(assuming you're not utilizing a Y-shaped tobago- if so, please let us know about it.)

Ifyougotem

Actually, the reason I posted this is for minor but genuine social science interest. I sniff L side first, and put on my L shoe first too. I'm curious if most people from western countries do the same, since we're taught from early childhood to read & write L-to-R, and if eastern snuff sniffers (and for that matter, shoe donners) tend toward the opposite. Also, a sub-study of even more minor interest would be whether or not R- or L-handedness is a factor. Something tells me we might not get a true broad sampling of statistical significance here, but I'm still somewhat interested. Okay, I'm secretly conducting market research to promote my new line of R & L nostril-specific snuffs- a different blend for each side (meant to be taken simultaneously, though you can switch, or be a maverick and use just one blend for both.) Potential investors pm me :cool:

Ifyougotem

According to Katukina.com, the Brazilian native shamans recommend applying snuff to the L nostril first, representing death, then immediately the R, representing rebirth. Probably don't want to get this reversed. However, they're in the southern hemisphere, and my knowledge of their particular shamanic and other cultural traditions does not extend so far as to extrapolate with confidence on any possible implications w re. to corialis effect (or much of anything else, actually). Sheesh- 18 posts on a bacca forum on an 'aint straight razors cool" posting, and I'm almost dancing w myself on this one (small laughs). Semi-vindicated, though, on sniffing protocol (more small laughs). O.K., very small :- )