Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Lieberman buncher

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
44/64" diameter = 17.4625 mm diameter
If you cannot find a wood dowel of that dimension, then just do as you proposed, by inserting a 44 ring cigar into the trough of the mat, then adjust it so that the mat is snug, and maintains reasonable tension over the arc of the Lieberman.

Bob

Danny M

To be more exact, I would like to graduate you to 44, excuse me but this has me a little confused
In measuring cigars you have to rely on the English system of measure, not the European. Ring gauge is measured in 64ths of an inch. 1/2”= 32/64, 3/4 = 48/64 and so on, so a 50 gauge would be 1/32nd larger than 3/4”. Probably the best way would yes, be have a few cigars in the sizes you desire and put them in the trough. I just started my roller yesterday afternoon. It’ll be similar to the King model but the adjustment will be in the front and with luck have marks for the different gauges.

Danny M

Here’s mine still in testing mode. I need to cut a little length off the bed to allow more than about a 42 to drop but it lets you use some leaves for binder that aren’t good for wrapping. Filler too is easy to work with these two took about 2 1/2 minutes.

Attachments

• 7A82FA74-1C78-4768-AC3F-0AB7C6F79441.jpeg
    7A82FA74-1C78-4768-AC3F-0AB7C6F79441.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 41F33926-E0C0-439A-BD5C-82E4D4EBA6A2.jpeg
    41F33926-E0C0-439A-BD5C-82E4D4EBA6A2.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 37

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, @Christan. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. The purpose of a Lieberman buncher is to reduce labor costs in a cigar factory. For home rollers, it is easy and far less costly (and occupies less space) to learn to bunch by hand. It takes rolling only about 10 cigars to get a reasonably consistent decent draw.

Bob

Yultanman

I also searched for this Lieberman buncher for a long time, but I only found it in one place and at a high price.
I made my own due to these factors. While i did learn to bunch by hand and am reasonable at it, i love, love my leiberman. I can bunch consistently for my mold i prefer and every stick is consistent. I can confirm the bunch eveness before applying the binder

9F9EF392-4E2C-47AF-B79D-36E2C7C6397A.jpeg
these are just waiting on a wrapper. First batch of rolls from 2021 crop

Christan

I also searched for this Lieberman buncher for a long time, but I only found it in one place and at a high price. For the premium quality, we must be willing to give more money out of pocket, but for me, it was too much anyway. I was sure that I would find the same quality for products from other manufacturers, so I bought a joint roller kit from an online site that inspired my confidence. Now I can confirm that there is no need for a product to be branded for superior quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yultanman

How do you do that? You roll your filler leaf in the Lieberman without a binder, take it out, then put in the binder leaf, re-put in the filler, and then bunch?
Once i pull the handle onto the rolling surface i can feel the bunch through the fabric. By pressing along the length i can locate a soft spot (or too hard) , bring the handle back, add a bit there and pull handle back onto the surface to verify again. When i am content it feels even i lay the binder on the rolling surface and finish the bunch

waikikigun

Once i pull the handle onto the rolling surface i can feel the bunch through the fabric. By pressing along the length i can locate a soft spot (or too hard) , bring the handle back, add a bit there and pull handle back onto the surface to verify again. When i am content it feels even i lay the binder on the rolling surface and finish the bunch
Oh ok thx